Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do these horrific things happen

• 27-04-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I am so upset . Have just read an article in the USA section of todays Daily Mail about a poor ten year old who had rang 911 twice to say he was being beaten by his step father. He told teachers he would be killed if his test were poor . This poor kid was trying to get help yet no one helped him. His bastard of a step father admits bounding and gagging the ten year old and hitting him with a rolling pin. 70 times that bastard struck the boy who was found dead in his basement. I am not reading these stories any more, i cant handle it . Its too tragic and what a beautiful boy he was . My god there are some horrible evil bastards in the world . Hope that poor kid rests in peace
    If someone knows how to link the article please do thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

All those bad things happen in the daily mail. Its the Daily mails fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Awful story really. Here's a bit more about it.
    BUFFALO, N.Y. — A 10-year-old boy in upstate New York called 911 to report abuse by his step-father a year before he was found beaten to death in his family's basement, and now the Buffalo Police Department is investigating how officers handled the calls.

A department spokesman says the police commissioner ordered the investigation into 911 calls Abdifatah Mohamud made in April 2011, telling authorities his step-father was abusing him. Officers responding to a missing child report last week found the boy's body.

Authorities say he'd been beaten to death by his step-father, Ali-Mohamad Mohamud. The 40-year-old security guard has pleaded not guilty to a second-degree murder charge.

The Buffalo News reports (http://bit.ly/I79nSY ) that the officers who responded to the 911 calls reported the allegations to Erie County Child Protective Services. CPS officials aren't commenting.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP1f8795e887584d8389c8509e66b66962.html

Someone needs to be brought to answer for this. A ten year old crying out for help, is ignored and ends up dead. What the hell is wrong with people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I am not reading these stories any more

i feel the same about these threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I am so upset . Have just read an article in the USA section of todays Daily Mail ...
    There. There's your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

its only important if it comes from america :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't read watch listen to the news if you feel it'll just upset you. I never go out of my way to be offended, its why I spend very little time on After Hours (and have banned myself from Conspiracy Theories)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Because, that's why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Because some people are cu*ts. That's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

El Weirdo wrote: »

No, pretty sure his problem is the 10 year old being beaten to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Awful story really. Here's a bit more about it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP1f8795e887584d8389c8509e66b66962.html

Someone needs to be brought to answer for this. A ten year old crying out for help, is ignored and ends up dead. What the hell is wrong with people?

Basically, nobody wants to be the one who makes the decision to take a child from a parent because if they are wrong they know they will be on their own in civil court facing the subsequent law suit. I can't imagine it's too different over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

God works in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Because you touch yourself at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

it doesn't matter where child abuse happens...your some retard if your bringing some hate for a country into this, you just shouldn't have posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Because you touch yourself at night.

quote of day for me :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He's a bit of a prick then.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Sure thats nothing, there is a woman in Galway that got a free newspaper with some writing on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It's not much consolation but at least in America the person responsible will get a lengthy sentence and won't be doing it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

davet82 wrote: »
    quote of day for me :pac::pac::pac:

Have you only just discovered the internet ??
    You become de-sensitised to these kinds of things over time.

I can only get myself off these days by watching vids like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

it's like the callous on your finger, when you prick it first with a needle it's sore but after a while you build up a callous until eventually it no longer hurts.

Hope I explained that right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

El Weirdo wrote: »

hmmm, nice to see the forum is in safe hands. :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

your some retard if your bringing some hate for a country into this

he wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

it doesn't matter where child abuse happens...your some retard if your bringing some hate for a country into this, you just shouldn't have posted.

if thats how you chose to read the post, thats up to you. However, I am not responsible for how you interpret things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Why do these horrific things happen

Because there's a very thin veil of civilisation over humanity, and people aren't subject to a psychological NCT test every year to check they're sane and well adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I am not reading these stories any more, i cant handle it.

If someone knows how to link the article please do thanks
    :confused:
    Nobody ever said that ever so what the hell are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wow, it took a whole 13 posts for someone to blame a God they dont believe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It's one of the fundamental laws of the universe: shit happens.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    It's one of the fundamental laws of the universe: shit happens.:):):)

Sh*t happens alright, but when it comes to negative human action like this, it should never have to happen :(

Advertisement