Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Beaumont Road a nice area?

Options
  • 27-04-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Wondering if this area is a nice area to live? I know some of the area used to be council houses. Have a small young family so looking for somewhere safe! All opinions welcome. any anti social behavior?
    Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

Hi,
    my knowledge is from some friends that grew up just down the road - grace park road area, intersecting the beaumont road and grace pk road is collins Ave - the shops around there are frequent anti social behavior area's.
    In fairness i didn't grow up there so I'd not know currently if it is still a problem spot, but it doesn't seem to have changed much when i go there every few weeks to see my sister.
    She lives down the way a bit in Marino, which is a nice area - yet there are a few spots that in that area or nearby that are not great either.

Also a point of note from a professional perspective, - the port tunnel works were adjacent to the area, in fairly close proximity - proper inspection of the house structure is advised.
    mike F

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Hi,
    my knowledge is from some friends that grew up just down the road - grace park road area, intersecting the beaumont road and grace pk road is collins Ave - the shops around there are frequent anti social behavior area's.
    In fairness i didn't grow up there so I'd not know currently if it is still a problem spot, but it doesn't seem to have changed much when i go there every few weeks to see my sister.
    She lives down the way a bit in Marino, which is a nice area - yet there are a few spots that in that area or nearby that are not great either.

Also a point of note from a professional perspective, - the port tunnel works were adjacent to the area, in fairly close proximity - proper inspection of the house structure is advised.
    mike F

I was looking into a house in the area myself, High Park to be exact. Would that area be affected as well?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I was looking into a house in the area myself, High Park to be exact. Would that area be affected as well?

Hi,
    Any where along the direct line of the port tunnel is worthy of due diligence. Issues were prevalent through out the construction of the tunnel, many properties and area's were not affected but some 'above ground' construction existing and new where compromised. An engineering survey or surveyors report with adequate PI for the professional that carry's out the survey will assess and protect you purchase based upon the site specifics, It is a point of note along the route of the tunnel and something we would take into consideration under site assessment of the building.
    I can't speak to particular estates , such as high park, and each building is subject to the ground conditions below.
    Mike f

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

High Park is pretty nice and generally around Grace Park Heights etc.

There is a massive house for sale at the moment on the junction of Thatch Road and Beaumont Road, good price for the size.
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/103-the-thatch-road-whitehall-dublin-9/1836178

Further up near the hospital, there are lots of roma gypsies living around that particular stretch between Coolatree and Ardmore.

I was up there today and I spotted four separate groups of gypsies during a 5 minute stroll. For some people, including me, that would be an issue.

Further down Collins Avenue, Collinswood is very nice, though pricey of course.

Advertisement