Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Globalization:reg&worldec

Options
  • 27-04-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Does anyone know what type of questions that will be coming up in the exam or how general they will be? i know we have to answer 2 out of 4 and the exam is only for an hour, but i'm finding this module quite challenging because it's very general and dont want to be caught out in the exam... any feedback appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭07_12_90

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Quite general, you won't need specific figures or statistics. A few real world examples (eg Ipod etc.) wouldn't go amiss though. As far as I remember Dieter said chapters 1-6 of the Dicken's book aren't neccessary for the exam as they were covered in the MCQ but I'm not 100% sure.

Try reading the Peter Dicken book (it's on google books) and study the lecture notes and you should be fine. It's a bit too general for my liking though, I prefer specific topics.

yea.. im not really comfortable with general questions... is it general questions as in common sense and common knowledge? if it is then i should be fine.. once they arent totally specific to a particular topic with just a right and wrong answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Quite general, you won't need specific figures or statistics. A few real world examples (eg Ipod etc.) wouldn't go amiss though. As far as I remember Dieter said chapters 1-6 of the Dicken's book aren't neccessary for the exam as they were covered in the MCQ but I'm not 100% sure.

Try reading the Peter Dicken book (it's on google books) and study the lecture notes and you should be fine. It's a bit too general for my liking though, I prefer specific topics.

Are you sure about the chapters 1-6 being left out?

Where did you find the lecture notes I have not seen them on blackboard?

07_12_90 wrote: »
    yea.. im not really comfortable with general questions... is it general questions as in common sense and common knowledge? if it is then i should be fine.. once they arent totally specific to a particular topic with just a right and wrong answer

It's not common sense and common knowledge, it is related to his lectures and the readings but in a 'general' way rather than specific answers, bit annoying I know.
    its_phil wrote: »
    Are you sure about the chapters 1-6 being left out?

I said in my first post that I really wouldn't swear to it. I'd be about 75% sure that they are but I amn't certain.
    its_phil wrote: »
    Where did you find the lecture notes I have not seen them on blackboard?

They're not on blackboard as far as I know. I just took notes on an A4 pad during lectures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

http://www.freezingblue.com/iphone/flashcards/printPreview.php?fileid=20963

This is meant to be helpful, there's a lot on it though.

Dreading this exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

Did the lecturer even give hints on to the type of topics coming up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Are yous part of the Geography 2010-2013 facebook group? If not, send me your facebook link and ill add you to it - its a lifesaver around exams and in general!

Anyway, he said that he put up a PDF of Qs on blackboard and that the exam will be based on these Qs. Theres quite a lot of them, but most people are just learning off the answers and hoping for the best.

http://www.freezingblue.com/iphone/flashcards/printPreview.php?fileid=20963 This is a link to the answers for the PDF. Whoever made that is a godsend anyway!

He doesn't want more than 1 page for each answer, you can use bullet points as well. It's quality, not quantity for him basically.

There's an awful lot of questions isn't there. I can only seem to remember around half of them at best :(

How many 'mini' questions will make up one of the 6 questions does anyone think?

• Advertisement

I thought there was only 4 questions on the exam and we have to do 2 ?

i doubt that chapter 1 -6 will be left out because the mcq's covered weeks 1 -9 ... did he really say chapters 1-6 will be irrelevant for the exam?

Advertisement