Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rape tape crusty apologises and abandons her flimsy principles

• 27-04-2012 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Rape tape crusty, Jerrie Ann Sullivan, was convicted of wilful obstruction in Belmullet District Court several months ago. It involved an incident where she put a bicycle U lock around her neck and locked herself to a truck. The public road was closed for hours. She also ignored instructions from gardai.

She apologised yesterday as it seems the prospect of not getting a visa to to the US won out over her flimsy principles.

Also interesting to note the utmost respect she has for the law in the US, but utter disregard she has for the law here. It seems these crusty protesters are complete hypocrites - all against capitalism and anti-US, but please, please dont stop me from going there !

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/rape-tape-protestor-jerrie-ann-sullivan-has-case-struck-out-3093647.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Rape tape crusty:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

During the protest at Ballygally South, Glenamoy, Ballina, Co Mayo, on January 10 last, she put a bicycle U-lock around her neck and locked herself to a teleporter that was being transported to the Corrib gas terminal in Bellanaboy.

A teleporter??? A teleporter?? The things they had on Star Trek to transport them from starship to planet? These are being ferried around Ireland on lorries?? Why don't they just put them inside another teleporter and teleport them to the desired location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Peaceful enough protest

she put a bicycle U-lock around her neck and locked herself to a teleporter that was being transported to the Corrib gas terminal in Bellanaboy.

meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A teleporter??? A teleporter?? The things they had on Star Trek to transport them from starship to planet? These are being ferried around Ireland on lorries?? Why don't they just put them inside another teleporter and teleport them to the desired location?

Conspiracy conspiracy, it is now obvious that oil companies have invented these but won't release them because they would reduce oil sales.

I never realised the restrictions a criminal record puts on you till I seen "nothing to declare" I don't have one so I never thought about it before when travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

44leto wrote: »
    Conspiracy conspiracy, it is now obvious that oil companies have invented these but won't release them because they would reduce oil sales.

I never realised the restrictions a criminal record puts on you till I seen "nothing to declare" I don't have one so I never thought about it before when travelling.

I heard that US immigration stopped them, not the oil companies, CIA and all that jazz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I thought she was a yank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Motorist wrote: »
    Also interesting to note the utmost respect she has for the law in the US, but utter disregard she has for the law here. It seems these crusty protesters are complete hypocrites - all against capitalism and anti-US, but please, please dont stop me from going there !

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/rape-tape-protestor-jerrie-ann-sullivan-has-case-struck-out-3093647.html

Not really, it seems the person in question is a bit of a hypocrite, drawing a conclusion further than that just shows you generally dislike crusties tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

marketty wrote: »
    I thought she was a yank?

The other girl who was arrested with her was a yank, she wanted to remain nameless. Jerrie Ann Sullivan was just a yank wannabe with an American accent which is why gardai initially thought they were both from the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im glad they atleast made it to court. Those shell 2 sea lot are all ignorant hippies with nothing better to do, the sooner that pipe is finished and theyre gone the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Well obviously you cant fit one teleporter into another teleporter, and as far as I know they only come in one size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Not really, it seems the person in question is a bit of a hypocrite, drawing a conclusion further than that just shows you generally dislike crusties tbh.
    But its a natural assumption to make nonetheless. Irregardless of whether she is representing the movements makeup as a whole (through her apparent hypocrisy), the general publics opinion will be influenced by this case.

But its a natural assumption to make nonetheless. Irregardless of whether she is representing the movements makeup as a whole (through her apparent hypocrisy), the general publics opinion will be influenced by this case.

Indeed, but the general public tend to be morons.

It would be like me starting a thread saying about that step-dad in America who beat his step-son to death and finishing the post by saying "All step-dads are murderers". That is to say, pointless and incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Did the Crusty pay for her solicitor? I've dealt with these fcukers in the past and was never paid.

Indeed, but the general public tend to be morons.

It would be like me starting a thread saying about that step-dad in America who beat his step-son to death and finishing the post by saying "All step-dads are murderers". That is to say, pointless and incorrect.

Exactly, but pointing out the obviously assumptions people are going to make is as futile as pissing into the wind. :D

Haters gonna hate yo!

Did the Crusty pay for her solicitor? I've dealt with these fcukers in the past and was never paid.

Those solicitors are a bunch of tight wads alright. Scrounging bastards.

I heard all solicitors are rapists.

I heard all solicitors are rapists.

Careful, you might offend some delicate crusty who once used a solicitor, make her feel threatened and spark off a media frenzy and an investigation with the Law Society.

Careful, you might offend some delicate crusty who once used a solicitor, make her feel threatened and spark off a media frenzy and an investigation with the Law Society.

I'm sure most rapists would be offended if they were labelled a crustie or solicitor as well. Heaven forbid!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I always count my fingers after I shake a solicitor's hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

All jokes aside here, the legal profession isn't a charity. These people can always go to the free legal aid centre or better still represent themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

All jokes aside here, the legal profession isn't a charity. These people can always go to the free legal aid centre or better still represent themselves.

Looking for sympathy for legal eagles in After Hours!?

This could be your toughest case ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Well obviously you cant fit one teleporter into another teleporter, and as far as I know they only come in one size.

A teleporter can lock on to another teleporter remotely, it doesn't need to go inside it, its perfectly feasible. theres no logical reason for trucking these things around the coutry exposing us all to dilithium crystal realted illness.

i blame the unions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

So, she only apologised after the judge mentioned that she would get 2 convictions if she didn't?

Sort of like in the Irish aurals when the examiner helps you with the answers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

God damn hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Bored hippies, ignorant pigs and a gasline. It was always gonna end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Duggy747 wrote: »
    So, she only apologised after the judge mentioned that she would get 2 convictions if she didn't?

Sort of like in the Irish aurals when the examiner helps you with the answers :pac:
    Nope, she was told she would get two convictions and still wouldn't apologise. Then her lawyer hauled her off to a back room and presumably told her to cop the fuck on. She returned, got her lawyer to apologise for her, with an addendum that she still "thought what she did could be morally and legally justified at the time"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

God damn hippies.

Gucci hippy more like , that wan had a wash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apologise or you have no future, coercion at it's finest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Dissassemble it and send it thru piece by piece ????

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Apologise or you have no future, coercion at it's finest.

I'd say leniency at its finest. She should have had the book thrown at her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

After a brief adjournment, Ms Sullivan, through her counsel, Mr Mulrooney, apologised to road users, gardai and the court for taking up their time.

Through Mr Mulrooney, she added that she thought what she did could be morally and legally justified at the time.

So the stupid wench didn't even apologise herself?
    Ms Sullivan's barrister, Leo Mulrooney, read out a list of Ms Sullivan's academic achievements -- she is currently a PhD student at NUI Maynooth -- and detailed her charitable work.

He asked Judge Groarke to strike out the charges as it would affect her prospects.

Then why the fúck didn't she think about "her prospects" before obstructing Gardai or causing a public road to be blocked for more than three hours as a result of her actions?

Then why the fúck didn't she think about "her prospects" before obstructing Gardai or causing a public road to be blocked for more than three hours as a result of her actions?

Sounds like something a bold child would do...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Rape tape crusty, Jerrie Ann Sullivan, was convicted of wilful obstruction in Belmullet District Court several months ago. It involved an incident where she put a bicycle U lock around her neck and locked herself to a truck. The public road was closed for hours. She also ignored instructions from gardai.

She apologised yesterday as it seems the prospect of not getting a visa to to the US won out over her flimsy principles.

[/QUOTE]

Where does it state she is anti-American? Or are you being an ass and assuming her politics? I didn’t get that if you disagree with American foreign policy made you anti-American. I love the US and its people and love going there but their government and how they carry on can suck my plums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Because it would have involved "thinking".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Owryan wrote: »
    Dissassemble it and send it thru piece by piece ????

Yeah right, good luck finding a plumber to reassemble it.

The auld one has a flatpack wardrobe form ikea sitting in the spare bedroom for the last six months; can get a carpenter for love nor money to put it together. Apparently all these tradesmans have fcuked off to Australia.

No, just move the teleporters around on the back of truck. When all is said and done it the handiest way, although with way the price of diesel is heading 'tis going to cost a fortune either way.

Where does it state she is anti-American? Or are you being an ass and assuming her politics? I didn’t get that if you disagree with American foreign policy made you anti-American. I love the US and its people and love going there but their government and how they carry on can suck my plums!
    She's getting lumped in with the Galway Alliance Against War headbangers i'd say.

She's getting lumped in with the Galway Alliance Against War headbangers i'd say.

In fairness, these rent-a-crusties jump on every bandwagon going, like a fly to cow $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Why is it that when something that actually exists in real life, ie a teleporter, is mentioned that everyone pretends they don't know what it is and instead focuses on a fictional article which some scriptwriter named in his ignorance?
    Google it, and the first two answers are about the fictional item, then the next twenty are of the real life item.

People are becoming more and more stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

johnr1 wrote: »
    Why is it that when something that actually exists in real life, ie a teleporter, is mentioned that everyone pretends they don't know what it is and instead focuses on a fictional article which some scriptwriter named in his ignorance?
    Google it, and the first two answers are about the fictional item, then the next twenty are of the real life item.

People are becoming more and more stupid.

Everyone knows you don't trust results after the second link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

You'd be suprised the huge amount of people who's principles no longer matter the second anything real or tangeable is threatened in their own lives.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

In fairness, these rent-a-crusties jump on every bandwagon going, like a fly to cow $hite.

....did one leave you for a cowshite? You seem remarkably bitter towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Everyone knows that if you put one teleporter in another teleporter and
    turn them on,that creates an infinite loop that nothing can escape from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The author of this highly tendentious OP sort of reminds me of the Wilhelm Busch tale about the cook who could whip fifty blancmanges out of a single egg white. She married a barber, who could make an awful lot of foam out of very little soap. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The young lady, who is described using the pejorative term "crusty", is used as some kind of example to tar with the same brush all who exercise their right to protest. She did not commit violence and her complaints against the Gardai were, unless someone can prove otherwise, made in good faith.:)

She can not be blamed for realising later that her conviction for a minor offence could lead to her having to pay an utterly disproportionate price in that she would be refused an American visa.:cool:

The whole Corrib gas thing has been horribly mishandled by those in Ireland who would have had the power to ensure a valuable national natural resource benefits the Irish people as a whole rather than posing a very real threat to the lives and health of some of them, in other words, by the Government, and those protesters deserve at least recognition that they are sincere if misguided. Mudslinging and name-calling only reflects back on those who engage in it.:mad:

p.s. She's pretty easy on the eye as well, and what should be worrying us a lot more than a peaceful protest is the fact that it now seems to be just taken for granted that young people like her have no future here in Ireland. Maybe the OP's anger and smears should be better aimed at the political parties who are giving our national wealth away.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    The author of this highly tendentious OP sort of reminds me of the Wilhelm Busch tale about the cook who could whip fifty blancmanges out of a single egg white. She married a barber, who could make an awful lot of foam out of very little soap. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The young lady, who is described using the pejorative term "crusty", is used as some kind of example to tar with the same brush all who exercise their right to protest. She did not commit violence and her complaints against the Gardai were, unless someone can prove otherwise, made in good faith.:)

She can not be blamed for realising later that her conviction for a minor offence could lead to her having to pay an utterly disproportionate price in that she would be refused an American visa.:cool:

The whole Corrib gas thing has been horribly mishandled by those in Ireland who would have had the power to ensure a valuable national natural resource benefits the Irish people as a whole rather than posing a very real threat to the lives and health of some of them, in other words, by the Government, and those protesters deserve at least recognition that they are sincere if misguided. Mudslinging and name-calling only reflects back on those who engage in it.:mad:

p.s. She's pretty easy on the eye as well, and what should be worrying us a lot more than a peaceful protest is the fact that it now seems to be just taken for granted that young people like her have no future here in Ireland. Maybe the OP's anger and smears should be better aimed at the political parties who are giving our national wealth away.:rolleyes:

If that complaint was made in good faith, which would mean she thought there was a genuine threat of rape, then she is as thick as pig****.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    :

Utter disproportionate price? I would say rendering an applicant , with no respect for the local laws, inadmissible to the US is a good system for an extremely security conscious country.

You say she can't be blamed for her own ignorance? Doesn't every college student, especially one supposedly as bright as this crusty, realise that a criminal conviction will prevent you from obtaining a visa? I suppose instead we should blame Shell for her ignorance of US immigration law. Anyway, it was certainly interesting to see her abandon her heartfelt principles and objection to the project all for a summer of drinking in the US, especially after all the media attention she has attracted over the past year. It might be time for Maura Harrington to retake the limelight as the poster girl for the cause down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

People who make false claims of rape should be swiftly charged and sent to court

You can destroys a persons life with messing, mud sticks

And sure we start doubting the genuine cases

These liers can be charged but maybe a few high profile cases and sentences are needed to send out a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

mikemac1 wrote: »
    People who make false claims of rape should be swiftly charged and sent to court

True, but when did she make a claim - false or otherwise - of rape? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I suggest you withdraw your false claim that she did so.:D

The claim that she actually made was about highly inappropriate comments that some Gardai had made and were accidentally captured on her camcorder. The fact that no criminal prosecution has been brought against the officers in question indicates that the tolerance level in Ireland may still be too high, and perhaps also that loutish behaviour and grossly bad taste on the part of some members of our police force are not regarded as criminal.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm confused now

Who cried rape when the gardai were lifting her down from the machinery

Maybe that was another thread :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement