Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Work Place

Options
  • 27-04-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Am going anonymous for this query. My wife works in a shop where they blatantly switch off the heat during the day and makes the place extremely cold to work in. The only time the heat comes on is when a visitor from the shop chain comes in.

The question really is, can I complain anonymously to the HSA to stop this practice in the shop. Am more concerned with my wife's health but don't want them to figure out who might have reported them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Am going anonymous for this query. My wife works in a shop where they blatantly switch off the heat during the day and makes the place extremely cold to work in. The only time the heat comes on is when a visitor from the shop chain comes in.

The question really is, can I complain anonymously to the HSA to stop this practice in the shop. Am more concerned with my wife's health but don't want them to figure out who might have reported them.
    Afaik if your workplaces is under 16(might be 17 ) degrees you are not obliged to work (i think you can just go home)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

bpb101 wrote: »
    Afaik if your workplaces is under 16(might be 17 ) degrees you are not obliged to work (i think you can just go home)

I am pretty sure it is 18 degrees for office work.
    If it is above that in the office the company is meeting its obligations.
    I know that 18 degrees is perfect for me ,but I have a lot of the women in the office complain of the cold at that temperature so we usually settle on the thermostat at 20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I am pretty sure it is 18 degrees for office work.
    If it is above that in the office the company is meeting its obligations.
    I know that 18 degrees is perfect for me ,but I have a lot of the women in the office complain of the cold at that temperature so we usually settle on the thermostat at 20
    17.5 in the office

Advertisement