Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange caller to the door.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Maybe they read your thread from last year and decided to investigate?

if i move in with the missus , social welfare

oooohhh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Do you babysit your kids while the mother of your kids is at work? Perhaps that is why they think you live there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

If I was living with her Id say it , I made a choice along time ago not to live with her. I dont see why people feel the need to accuse me of it rather than discuss the topic at hand.
    I have been led to believe that if this went to court , which it more than likely wont because I honestly have nothing to hide, I can find out who reported me .
    Im sitting here thinking of everyone who could possibly have a grudge against me , is it true that if someone gets paid for reporting you they are legally obliged to be named in the documents?
    Can I ask for these documents now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

OP, I think you should consider requesting a mod close this thread.

I did warn you. Someone was always going to pull that other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I did warn you. Someone was always going to pull that other thread.

jesus ya could have pm'd him ;)

davet82 wrote: »
    jesus ya could have pm'd him ;)

And add to his paranoia, no chance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Originally Posted by cloptrop
    do families with two kids actually live on 550 a week??
    if we are having a girl we will need to rent a three bed , if thats the case it really does look like her going on the labour is better off , im honestly a hard working chap thats out of work because of the building boom collapse , i can see why so much fraud happens now,
    Epic..This thread is finished

please close this thread, i'm actually uncomfortable now :pac:

cloptrop wrote: »
    If I was living with her Id say it , I made a choice along time ago not to live with her. I dont see why people feel the need to accuse me of it rather than discuss the topic at hand.
    I have been led to believe that if this went to court , which it more than likely wont because I honestly have nothing to hide, I can find out who reported me .
    Im sitting here thinking of everyone who could possibly have a grudge against me , is it true that if someone gets paid for reporting you they are legally obliged to be named in the documents?
    Can I ask for these documents now ?
    You will not find out who reported you as they can do it anonamously.
    Your parents may be punished also for pretending you live there.
    And remember if you go to jail put your soap on a rope in case you drop it in the shower :D

• Advertisement

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Epic..This thread is finished

That is a quote of me saying I can see why fraud exists. That thread was me asking would I lose the dole if I moved in with her. I was told I would , I stayed with mammy . I really think this thread shows my story to be true rather than anything else.

That is a quote of me saying I can see why fraud exists. That thread was me asking would I lose the dole if I moved in with her. I was told I would , I stayed with mammy . I really think this thread shows my story to be true rather than anything else.

Get Mammy to come on here and confirm that you live with her.

Get Mammy to come on here and confirm that you live with her.
    I had to show bills from her and leave her contact number with the social welfare. I also had to produce bills adressed to me too.

I had to show bills from her and leave her contact number with the social welfare. I also had to produce bills adressed to me too.

somebody told on you, FACT, if what you say is true or not dosent change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Anyhow I got a phonecall from the social asking me to clarify this. Then I had to produce my mothers bills and stuff at the local office.

The mother of my children , who works and is not in receipt of welfare, rang me in floods of tears. She lives alone with the children. She had a strange caller to the door with no ID tags pretending to be doing a survey . It was a woman who said.
    Are they allowed do this . She feels a bit scared for her safety now thinking it was someone caseing out the house to break in and do bad stuff .
    Is this part of their plan to catch dole cheats ?
    Threaten law abiding working mothers that arent even on the dole?
    Or was it a robber?

Social welfare have limited resources atm, so it would be highly unlikely for it to be them. The dole cheats that would be of main concern would be those working and getting dole, so business addresses would have their attention.

Best thing to do is go up to the local Garda station and tell them there is a strange women going around doing this. They may have had additional reports and can probably will tell you if there have been recent break ins etc. At the very least, get it reported and on paper. That way, you can stay with the kids for a few days if needed and if the dole come knocking, you can produce the report to cover yourself.

Thanks dave , at least somebody is on topic. Happy hunting .

Mod can you close this

• Advertisement

Still proves nothing. If you have been staying in the "ex's" house and someone has reported you, it is this they will focus on. Chances are your dole will be suspended pending an inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

If it was social welfare, they have to announce it and show id but they are entitled to call at any time without prior notice. They have no grounds to check on her if she receives no payments, rent allowance etc. It should be the address you have given that they check. That sounds very strange to me. I had 2 people call to my house on Sat morning and when I answered they told me they where looking for Polish people, then asked where my neighbours Polish. I said no they went on their way. But where I live is a quite area and there has been an increase of break -ins including my own house a few months ago. Not trying to scare her but as someone else posted might not be a bad idea to have someone stay.

Getting your mammy to lie under oath is bad.She could get into trouble.
    You are convinced a person ratted you and want to see their name.
    Well that proves you are up to no good as in order for somebody to report you yeh must be doing something wrong.:eek:
    I wouod say you made the mistake some people do of boasting in front of some hard working tax payer and they got jealous.And they made a ph call.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

davet82 wrote: »
    wow thats pretty good for AH

I forgot what forum I was in, I'm ashamed of myself for that useful answer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mod can you close this

You're better off going to post one and reporting your own post

They see it quicker

• Advertisement

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Getting your mammy to lie under oath is bad.She could get into trouble.
    You are convinced a person ratted you and want to see their name.
    Well that proves you are up to no good as in order for somebody to report you yeh must be doing something wrong.:eek:
    I wouod say you made the mistake some people do of boasting in front of some hard working tax payer and they got jealous.And they made a ph call.
    Tom Im close to blocking you , my mother is not lieing , I dont boarst about being on welfare and I think somebody with a grudge made a false report , just to have me checked out . Thanks for your time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Locked at the OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement