Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the property market in Dublin on the up? Have we left it too late ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If people act in a heard mentality like they did during the boom and dont buy, prices will continue to drop. What is happening now is exactly the opposite of what happened during the boom. Wait and see if the upcoming treaty is passed, also IF Greece exits the Euro, the effects will larger than Lehman brothers in 08.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Thanks for all the replies guys....

The replies all echo the same sentiments to be honest...don't panic and hold my ground...which is exactly what I intend to do !!

Mods I reckon this thread could be closed now as we are just going round in circles...

I do, however, appreciate all the advice and insight offered on here ... it has been taken onboard...thanks boards.ie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scrawnybawny

Idbatterim wrote: »
    If people act in a heard mentality like they did during the boom and dont buy, prices will continue to drop. What is happening now is exactly the opposite of what happened during the boom. Wait and see if the upcoming treaty is passed, also IF Greece exits the Euro, the effects will larger than Lehman brothers in 08.

Sorry to be pedantic but is a 'heard mentality' some sort of variant of its more frequently referred to brother? Perhaps it describes a more explicit means by which mentality is propagated through a group!;) I'll call the anthropologists:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Zipppy wrote: »
    The reason for this?

A human of the non male gender :mad:

Get a grip, your panic was your own, don't be so pathetic as to blame your partner for the feelings that you expressed here all by yourself. Your relationship won't remain very strong if your automatic reaction is to blame your failings on your partner (in which case you should definitely stay liquid). You were feeling that way, she was feeling that way, take responsibility for yourself.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Jeez.....

Tough crowd....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

iguana wrote: »
    Get a grip, your panic was your own, don't be so pathetic as to blame your partner for the feelings that you expressed here all by yourself. Your relationship won't remain very strong if your automatic reaction is to blame your failings on your partner (in which case you should definitely stay liquid). You were feeling that way, she was feeling that way, take responsibility for yourself.:mad:

Cue Eastenders drum roll...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Idbatterim wrote: »
    If people act in a heard mentality like they did during the boom and dont buy, prices will continue to drop.

And what exactly is bad about that? Are you another one who thinks high property prices = good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

iguana wrote: »

wrong.....so wrong

Only reason I posted on here was because of stress and pressure being brought to bear on me..in fact it's so bad this thread should probably be in 'Relationship Issues' rather than in here in Accommodation' :mad:

Anyhow as I said previously I think thread has run it's course and can be closed !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement