Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is "may" the new "october/november" season?

Options
  • 27-04-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/games-of-gt-release/729628

its a list of games coming out in may, unfortunately for me i would love almost every single game on that list. so far the ones that i really will get: diablo 3, MK (vita), resistance (vita), but then i forgot that max payne, tera, are out in may too ffs.

is that a good sign, that developers started to spread out game releases and not just stack everything in october/november and making themselfs uneeded competition between themselfs?

second year now i have skipped on so many games during the xmas/holiday season just because there were way too many released and not enough cash to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please rename thread. We got lots of reported posts the last time "rape" was used in a thread title (no, really).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

TBH, I really think we (gamers) need to grow up a bit and realise that using the word "rape" is neither cool nor funny and makes us collectively look like dickheads.

Getting back on topic, very little in that line up to give me chills. Max Payne I'll probably get, but Diablo 3 was the only other thing that I'm even vaguely interested in, but I just bought Torchlight, so no stress just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

seriously?! :eek:

okay, if it is ofending then can be changed. no need unwanted miss understandings.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Seriously - you're wondering why it might be a problem?

Shiminay wrote: »
    Seriously - you're wondering why it might be a problem?

its total off-topic at this stage, but no, i dont see much problem in that word used like that. It is quite overkill if we talk about video games and someone will define word "rape" as in its primary meaning.
    then again english is not my first language, and any English word is a foreign language for me. Its hard to explain, something that you read freely and make it sound "bad", for me can be just a normal sentence in different languge with no "different" meaning.

to cut it short and drop it. its changed, so we can go on on actual topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Shiminay wrote: »
    TBH, I really think we (gamers) need to grow up a bit and realise that using the word "rape" is neither cool nor funny and makes us collectively look like dickheads.

Then dickheads is sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Varik wrote: »
    Then dickheads is sexist.

Oh for fucks sake.....

Oh for fucks sake.....

dont use "f*ck", we are mature and better then that, it can offend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I think you are seeing May starting to be come a big month for games due to two factors, 1) it is 6 months post Nove and most people will have finished what ever they bought and 2) it's when the secondary schools will be finished for the summer and they want to catch the teens who will be at home for the 3 months.

Sharrow wrote: »
    I think you are seeing May starting to be come a big month for games due to two factors, 1) it is 6 months post Nove and most people will have finished what ever they bought and 2) it's when the secondary schools will be finished for the summer and they want to catch the teens who will be at home for the 3 months.

true. makes sense. even so, they could spread it out a bit too. more in march and then some more in june? then just put everything in may.

• Advertisement

dont use "f*ck", we are mature and better then that, it can offend too.

wow, you're really going to get pissy over this, aren't you?

Amazing.

Amazing.

yup, amazing, just drop it, okay. mods asked it, and it was changed.

move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Amazing.

i think what he's, quite rightly, trying to say is to use a bit of cop on - we're all big boys and girls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyway, May this year has quite a good line up, Ghost Recon is coming out too. Feb is usually quite busy too. I don't really think its devs/publisher spreading things out i just think games got pushed back and ended up in may.

I like a spread but i also like the quite months where you can actually play all the games you bought in Nov and never got the chance to finish :D

Helix wrote: »
    i think what he's, quite rightly, trying to say is to use a bit of cop on - we're all big boys and girls

Fair enough, this certainly has been.... illuminating.

Anyway, May this year has quite a good line up, Ghost Recon is coming out too. Feb is usually quite busy too. I don't really think its devs/publisher spreading things out i just think games got pushed back and ended up in may.

I like a spread but i also like the quite months where you can actually play all the games you bought in Nov and never got the chance to finish :D

i love to wait for STEAM sales! i will catch up with november with it! then with XMAS steam sale i will catch up with may! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I always thought that May was a good time for new games to be released. School and college is winding down and people will be taking summer holidays. So there should be a good potential market for the summer months.

There are also so many AAA titles being released in October and November in time for Christmas that it's a good time for smaller developers and publishers to release games: they've got a bit more of a chance to sell games in the summer than in October/November when they're competing against games like, say, a new Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

i love to wait for STEAM sales! i will catch up with november with it! then with XMAS steam sale i will catch up with may! :D

I started/finished Prey this summer it has been in my press for around 5 years :D Thought it was very good.

I started/finished Prey this summer it has been in my press for around 5 years :D Thought it was very good.

finished dead space 1 just two months ago like a boss :D

Witcher 1, less then 2 weeks ago! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think May has me sold yet, Max Payne 3 is probably the only game i will definitely buy, Dragons Dogma looks good but i'll wait, and i'll wait for reviews for Resistance Retribution as it will be interesting to see how a FPS will fare on the Vita.

And i'm thankful. I've a wedding to attend so funds are low in May!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

May is my most anticipated month of gaming of the past 20 odd years and i'm only going to be buying one game. Sadly I probably won't even have alot of time to play it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i'll wait for reviews for Resistance Retribution

should be plenty around... it was released 3 years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From reading the edited thread title and then the first post, I'm wondering where the hell the word ''rape'' fitted in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I would assume instead of October/November it was rape instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

J. Marston wrote: »
    From reading the edited thread title and then the first post, I'm wondering where the hell the word ''rape'' fitted in?

Even before the title was edited we were wondering where it fit in.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Did someone say rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Helix wrote: »
    should be plenty around... it was released 3 years ago :p

Ah, i shall go look then! Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i guess it was probably "wallet rape" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

any idea when there is the next sale, i feel like a few bargains

Advertisement