Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Old Towns: Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 27-04-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Filming is taking place this weekend in Dunshaughlin for RTE's Dirty Old Towns. Linky.

Since the organising of the Harvest Festival and Solheim Cup last year Dunshaughlin seems to have really got back a great sense of community so it's great to see it getting another little boost like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

That surprises me, I didnt think Dunshaughin would be a candidate for that show. Aytime I drive through, it looks like a very clean and pleasant town. I've never actually stopped and spent time there though. Fair dues for the interest in improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Archeron wrote: »
    That surprises me, I didnt think Dunshaughin would be a candidate for that show. Aytime I drive through, it looks like a very clean and pleasant town. I've never actually stopped and spent time there though. Fair dues for the interest in improving.

Yeah saw that someting was going on today with it, am surprised too as seems quite clean every time I am there.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

So is it good news or bad news that Dunshaughlin is being portrayed on national TV next Wednesday as a "dirty old town"?

Was it Edward Heath who was once asked how he felt about being mocked by Mike Yarwood on TV and his reply was something to the effect that it was better than just being ignored? So maybe the same applies to Dunshaughlin.

I heard a snippet on 2FM yesterday afternoon (just a snippet, I intensely dislike that station normally) where Colm Hayes (I assume it was him) made a reference to some difficulties that the Tidy Towns volunteers had encountered in their work. It sounded a bit disparaging to me but maybe I mis-heard...

Anyway, all will be revealed this week. I just hope that the programme does justice to the town and to the hard work and dedication of the volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 goldiepark

I thought that too but technically it's part of the weekend challenge and not part of the Dirty Old Town part of the programme! Great work guys - the town is looking great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JRL

Just finished with the challenge! As referred to above - its the weekend challenge part of the show, where three community projects are developed for the benefit of the community, by local volunteers. There is absolutely no "cleaning up" needed to be done, because the town is always spotless.

You will see yourselves in a couple of weeks - some great work has been done, making the town even more great to live in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When is the episode airing, does anyone know?

Weds week...

Weds week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

I wouldn't have thought dirtiness was Dunshaughlin's greatest concern in fairness. A programme called Boring Old Towns would be more suited to it. There's nothing happening in Dunshaughlin! Navan, now there's a bustling metropolis (which incidentally is dirty as sin).

Advertisement