Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Insurance?

• 27-04-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Recently bought an Ipad and i reckon inurance for it is a must, but iv no idea how or who to insure with? just looking for a bit of advice? if anyone can help steer me in the right direction.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

strife wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Recently bought an Ipad and i reckon inurance for it is a must, but iv no idea how or who to insure with? just looking for a bit of advice? if anyone can help steer me in the right direction.

Cheers

Put it on your home insurance if you have some...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

gadgetinsurance.ie is the only option as far as I can see. House insurance may not cover it outside the home and could have a big excess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

If you are with permanent tsb, they have a gadget insurance deal for €10p/m they will cover your phone iPad and a few other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

bop1977 wrote: »
    If you are with permanent tsb, they have a gadget insurance deal for €10p/m they will cover your phone iPad and a few other things.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but does that permanent tsb deal cover Ipads? I doesnt say anything about them in the terms and conditions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

No, the TSB deal woudln't cover iPads - I tried adding it as a gadget but they said they were excluded for some reason. Actually doesn't matter now anyway because we got a letter to say they're stopping the Plus accounts from 31st of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would people really pay €10 a month or €120 a year to insure a device worth maximum €799?

What are you expecting to happen to your iPad?

sillysocks wrote: »
    No, the TSB deal woudln't cover iPads - I tried adding it as a gadget but they said they were excluded for some reason. Actually doesn't matter now anyway because we got a letter to say they're stopping the Plus accounts from 31st of May.

No way! Its still advertised on their website :( Shame :(
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Would people really pay €10 a month or €120 a year to insure a device worth maximum €799?

What are you expecting to happen to your iPad?

The €10 per month is not just for your iPad (well if they accepted iPads) its for two phones, digital camera, ipod, airport lounge access, world wide travel insurance and an extended warranty on things like your laptop, fridge, ipad etc.

So it is actually very good value. Its the same price as it would be just to insure my phone.

And I would pay that €10 per month for the iPad, just because I'm a very clumsy person, I tend to let everything fall or loose them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I actually opened a PTSB account for that insurance package a few weeks ago, and it was ceased for new customers the day after I opened my account (before I had a chance to add it).

Ulster Bank has a similar, though less good, one, though I don't think it'll cover iPads.

Edit to add: "What are you expecting to happen to your iPad?" - take it from someone who had a brand new iPhone 4S stolen four days after it was bought, peace of mind is worth a tenner a month.

I actually opened a PTSB account for that insurance package a few weeks ago, and it was ceased for new customers the day after I opened my account (before I had a chance to add it).

Ulster Bank has a similar, though less good, one, though I don't think it'll cover iPads.

Edit to add: "What are you expecting to happen to your iPad?" - take it from someone who had a brand new iPhone 4S stolen four days after it was bought, peace of mind is worth a tenner a month.

Yea the ulster bank one is no where as good, but its still cheaper and has a few extras compared to just buying insurance for your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silver76

Hi

Looking for advise. Company I work for are giving us ipads to help sales but they want us to insure them. They are already insured on the company policy but their solicitors advised them that it also needs to be covered on the policy of the sales person who is using the device. And the company has to be named as beneficiary.

Can they do this and is it worth me spending €100+ a year for this?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 JTR

Sorry for the bump, but did you guys get sorted?
    strife wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Cheers
    Silver76 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for advise. Company I work for are giving us ipads to help sales but they want us to insure them. They are already insured on the company policy but their solicitors advised them that it also needs to be covered on the policy of the sales person who is using the device. And the company has to be named as beneficiary.

Can they do this and is it worth me spending €100+ a year for this?

Thanks

I just posted in another insurance thread I have my iPhone Insured with mobilecover, only got it recently and I've found them to be pretty good.

Silver76 yup your company can ask you to insure the iPad, they justify it by saying they provide the handset or ipad but its your responsibility to keep it safe and if you lose/damage it then they can insist on you paying for it, is it fair may not but they can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JTR

Thought I'd give a heads up, I was on that mobilecover crowds website today and they are doing an iPads and Tablets, for this month.

Seems a great offer.

http://mobilecover.ie/index.aspx

Advertisement