Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's have a thread about Africa

Options
  • 27-04-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Thought this thread will make a change from talking about the Irish Economy, Public Sector, Latest Daily Mail shock story, Catholic church, Bankers and childhood nostlagia threads.

Let's talk about Africa. You know: Pyramids, Desert, Nelson Mandela, Zebras, The Suez Canal, Zulus, Tribes, the film Blood Diamond, Emmanuel Adebayor and so on...

Has anyone been? If so did you enjoy it?
    What does everyone think of the place?
    Is Madagascar really better than the Aran Islands?

:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yeah, theres no way a thread about Africa will end in a bitter clusterfuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My favourite Toto song is called...............

Rosana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Tis an awfully big country. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Bloody Africans coming over here sleeping with our food,eating our women.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Tis an awfully big country. :rolleyes:

Oh dear... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

..o__
    _|

walk like an egyptian

Oh dear... :D

See Kerry goat eating thread. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There are children in Somalia starving, finish your dinner :mad:

Every Irish mammy teaches their children about Africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i think its a bit of a kip tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I was in Egypt once. The taxi-drivers didn't use lights at night time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Africa is 431 times larger than the republic of ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd love to go a on road trip there from north to south. Would take a long time but I'm sure it'd be an amazing experience.

That's different ;)

Sure everyone loves the Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Needs a bit of rain. You know...to keep the dust down.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Any parts iv seen have been shiite! Chad, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Cameroon.

The smell of the place, horrible horrible lawless smelly poo hole. I wouldnt even look at it in a postcard anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

biko wrote: »
    I'd love to go a on road trip there from north to south. Would take a long time but I'm sure it'd be an amazing experience.

I knew this girl who lived in London and went over to South Africa to work and met this South African guy. After going out for a month they decided to get engaged and decided they'd both go over to London to meet the girl's parents and all her friends/family.

Anyway they thought it would be extra romantic that instead of flying from South Africa to London, they'd drive it. So they drove all the way up to Egypt through Jordan, Turkey and back through Eastern Europe to London. The drive took them about 3 weeks. Anyway by the time the 3 weeks were up, they were so sick of each other they'd already called the engagement off and were at each other's throats by the time they got into England. As soon as they got to London, the South African guy was dropped off at Heathrow, got on the first flight back to Johannesburg and they never saw each other again!

True story. :cool:

I heard Guinness is huge over there

I watched Blood Diamond and they were drinking Guinness straight out of a bottle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I'm from Africa.
    actually we're all from Africa.

warning - do not let the Americans jump on this bandwagon, they already think they're Irish.

Adam and Eve were believed to have lived in Africa so we are all from Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do they know it's christmas time at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah, theres no way a thread about Africa will end in a bitter clusterfuck.

Yes, sure what are the chances of someone in the AH forum saying something ignorant and racist that will require a public apology from Ireland to the entire continent of Africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

biko wrote: »

I went to Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, then overland through Tanzania (inc. Zanzibar), Malawi, Zaire and Zimbabwe over the course of a summer a couple of years back.

Saw Pride Rock from the Lion Kind, played with lion cubs, horseriding across safari, waking up to the sounds of hippo calls on a houseboat, saw the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, kissed a giraffe, climbed a pyramid, became an overnight millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars, the works. Phenomenal countries, amazing people. Spent an evening in a village in Malawi with locals called Mel Gibson and Banjo Patterson. Gas lads. Highly recommend the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

g'em wrote: »
    I went to Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, then overland through Tanzania (inc. Zanzibar), Malawi, Zaire and Zimbabwe over the course of a summer a couple of years back.

Saw Pride Rock from the Lion Kind, played with lion cubs, horseriding across safari, waking up to the sounds of hippo calls on a houseboat, saw the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, kissed a giraffe, climbed a pyramid, became an overnight millionaire in Zimbabwean dollars, the works. Phenomenal countries, amazing people. Spent an evening in a village in Malawi with locals called Mel Gibson and Banjo Patterson. Gas lads. Highly recommend the experience.

so what african tourist board are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Adam and Eve were believed to have lived in Africa so we are all from Africa.
    I presume you are talking about this Adam and Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

mmmm, into page 2 and there's no mention of aids. . .is AH growing up?

i was in Tunisia once, didn't really feel like Africa, they do like their sand over there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm recently back from cycling through Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana.

Once you get to Senegal all the countries look the same, the people and culture is the same and all anyone wants from you is money. I'd never go back.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I presume you are talking about this Adam and Eve.

Nope, I was talking about the one's God made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

davet82 wrote: »
    so what african tourist board are you from?

www.yoremaholidays.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Has anyone heard what the African cannibal said about ecumenism?:confused::confused::confused:

These days all the missionaries taste the same.:D:D:D

• Advertisement

The softly spoken South African accent is hawt :cool:

Worked with quite a few of them in Irish hotels during my student day, just love the accent

Advertisement