Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's have a thread about Africa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

charlemont wrote: »
    Used to get Weed off a Nigerian, Ibo to be exact, Best bloke I ever got smoke from, Always on time and no bull****ting around, Way better than the crap Irish dealers anyway.

Jaysus, thats a new one.

"The immigrants are much better drug dealers than the Irish."

:rolleyes:

Nodin wrote: »
    Left out free cars, phones and houses,

Over 3,500 Nigerian families have been housed by the Irish state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I've been to an Arab North African state, but never to Sub-Saharan Africa. I'd love to visit Mozambique, Namibia and Madagascar on holiday sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

With a bit of luck, will be on safari in Mozambique this autumn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i was in egypt once, one of the filthiest places ive evr been . you literaly have to squat down and take a sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Davey34

African girls can be gorgeous, especially the african/white girl mix ....yum..
    beautiful, with out the "Irish girl attitude".. i.e me me me me me me me... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dudess wrote: »
    I know your sig is Yeats but the first bit of it is this Nigerian dude. Just felt like saying that.

Lol, not even a hint of an attempt to back that up - stuff of parody. :pac:

And the one link you provide is from The Daily Fail.

Yes because Nigeria = Africa.

i see the lulz have been lost on you, twas a joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Davey34 wrote: »
    African girls can be gorgeous, especially the african/white girl mix ....yum..
    beautiful, with out the "Irish girl attitude".. i.e me me me me me me me... :D

i banged an african girl a couple of weeks ago. one of the best shags i ever had

talking about African scam merchants... look at the f*cking Irish Im from a council estate and the "Country owes us the dole and free houses attitude" is still very dominate today , the Africans were cheeky with the criminal scams alright, what about the heroin dealers from our estates ?? I know guys who were trying to come off gear and the dealers would drop in free gear into their letter boxes to get them back on it..
    the westies in new york?? irish mafia still in chicago, miami??
    much of a muchness...

Ha same here Paky!! 2 so far African from uk and one straight from the jungle of tallaght... grew up there all her life lovely girl... proper in the sack..:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The softly spoken South African accent is hawt :cool:

Worked with quite a few of them in Irish hotels during my student day, just love the accent

Muchly agreed. Have only been to South Africa...a good few times. Big fan of Port Elizabeth. Incredible place. Not so much Johannesburg...

I would listen to Crystal Swing and watch an entire series of X-Voice-Factor or some such drivel to get a chance to go on a road trip from north to south.

Only it'd take more than 3 weeks. 3 months at a push, 5 at a leisurely pace..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i see the lulz have been lost on you, twas a joke
    Ya can't blame me for thinking you were serious though in fairness. :pac:

talking about African scam merchants... look at the f*cking Irish Im from a council estate and the "Country owes us the dole and free houses attitude" is still very dominate today , the Africans were cheeky with the criminal scams alright, what about the heroin dealers from our estates ?? I know guys who were trying to come off gear and the dealers would drop in free gear into their letter boxes to get them back on it..
    much of a muchness...
    Everywhere has arseholes.

Exactly Dudess, check out Manchester lived over there Jasus... the whites are worse than any second or third generation immigrants ,

much of a muchness...

The number of africans in receipt of welfare in Ireland is higher, based on head per population, than the Irish.

Dunno about the crime rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I knew this girl who lived in London and went over to South Africa to work and met this South African guy. After going out for a month they decided to get engaged and decided they'd both go over to London to meet the girl's parents and all her friends/family.

Anyway they thought it would be extra romantic that instead of flying from South Africa to London, they'd drive it. So they drove all the way up to Egypt through Jordan, Turkey and back through Eastern Europe to London. The drive took them about 3 weeks. Anyway by the time the 3 weeks were up, they were so sick of each other they'd already called the engagement off and were at each other's throats by the time they got into England. As soon as they got to London, the South African guy was dropped off at Heathrow, got on the first flight back to Johannesburg and they never saw each other again!

True story. :cool:

lol.

Rather than the current mandatory 'Marriage course' given by a priest that you must do in this country (to be married in a church), anyone who wants to get married should have to do a 3 week road trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dudess wrote: »
    Ya can't blame me for thinking you were serious though in fairness. :pac:

true... although Im quite proud of having never used the daily mail to back up any of my mad mad ramblings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was thinking things were going too well...
    IrishAm wrote: »
    Over 3,500 Nigerian families have been housed by the Irish state.

....which is not the same as 'free houses for being black'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

I've been to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Tanzania... and Zanzibar. (yes I count Zanzibar as a distinct country since it's semi-autonomous and there's a separate visa for it!)

I spent over a year backpacking / sessioning / arsing around those countries.

I didn't get shot, mugged or stabbed either. In fact, there is a very small chance of you getting murdered, and the safest place I've ever been is Uganda. The only place I can think of where I've felt safer is my own home by the fire with a cup of tea.

If you are unlucky enough to get mugged, they'll take everything, which includes bringing you to an ATM and emptying your account. But if you are going to die in East Africa, it will probably be in a road accident.

My biggest surprise was arriving in Nairobi and seeing nice big skyscrapers and fancy bars.

http://mutuamatheka.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/another-night-in-the-city.jpg?w=950&h=731

There are some seriously hot byores over there too.

I was thinking things were going too well...

Do they or do they not get housed by the state?

....which is not the same as 'free houses for being black'.

Never said that it was.

• Advertisement

Do they or do they not get housed by the state?.

They do, which is not what was referred to by "free houses" as anyone familiar with that kind of remark knows.

Do you object to people who are legally resident in the state being housed by it?

They do, which is not what was referred to by "free houses" as anyone familiar with that kind of remark knows.

Cool.

Is state provided housing not the very definition of a free house?
    Do you object to people who are legally resident in the state being housed by it?

Depends on their circumstances.

skoomi wrote: »

I didn't get shot, mugged or stabbed either. In fact, there is a very small chance of you getting murdered, and the safest place I've ever been is Uganda. The only place I can think of where I've felt safer is my own home by the fire with a cup of tea.

Funny that you mentioned Uganda as I viewed a video this week of a man being beaten, full sized kitchen tables been thrown on top of him and then he was eventually set alight all for the heinous crime of being gay.:eek:

One of the sickest things I have ever seen. Fooked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Jaysus, thats a new one.

"The immigrants are much better drug dealers than the Irish."

:rolleyes:

Far better, I always preferred to deal with foreigners for Weed, As the quality and quantity is better and less chance of being ripped off or grassed up to the Guards, But the real deal in Weed came about with Eastern Europeans growing it only to have every Irish Tom Dick and Harry at it now and selling it for disgraceful prices.

Cool.

Is state provided housing not the very definition of a free house?

Hardly, as one pays towards it by taxes both direct and indirect.

You seem to be feigning ignorance of the usual form of this particular story about immigrants in order to start an argument. Or perhaps you just want to ask loaded questions in order to soapbox.
    Depends on their circumstances.

If you disagree with the current set up, you might start a thread on it somewhere.

Funny that you mentioned Uganda as I viewed a video this week of a man being beaten, full sized kitchen tables been thrown on top of him and then he was eventually set alight all for the heinous crime of being gay.:eek:

Yeah there's loads of sick sh1t going on in African countries but it's not like you want those who are suffering to get sanctuary and a better chance here is it?

You seem to be feigning ignorance of the usual form of this particular story about immigrants in order to start an argument. Or perhaps you just want to ask loaded questions in order to soapbox.

You made the statement, in a somewhat sarcastic way, claiming that they get free houses. As if it was a myth.

Once you are legally in the Irish state, the state will accommodate those they deem to be of greatest need, first.

Some of those housed are african.

Glad we cleared that up.

:)

You made the statement, in a somewhat sarcastic way, claiming that they get free houses. As if it was a myth.

Once you are legally in the Irish state, the state will accommodate those they deem to be of greatest need, first.

Some of those housed are african.

Glad we cleared that up.

So it's feigning ignorance of the 'free houses' story about immigrants in order to score a 'point'.

(You know you that being housed does not nessecarily refer to a single house owned by the occupant(s)?)

What should we read into your evident need to trainwreck a thread on Africa in such a manner? A certain monomania? A hint, perhaps, of stereotyping? A touch of xenophobia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

I swear to almighty allah himself, safest I've ever felt.

Can you give me the link by the way. Send me by personal message in case we aren't allowed post that stuff here. Or can we?

• Advertisement

skoomi wrote: »
    I swear to almighty allah himself, safest I've ever felt.

Can you give me the link by the way. Send me by personal message in case we aren't allowed post that stuff here. Or can we?

Its pretty sick, I wouldnt recommend watching it.

[MOD SNIP: A bit too much, even for After Hours.]

Advertisement