Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luteal Phase Defect

Options
  • 27-04-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I am not really trying to conceive at the moment but I have recently started to chart my menstrual cycle and I have noticed something odd which I am thinking could be a Luteal Phase Defect.

Basically I have very regular periods and I think in the last twenty years I don't think I ever missed one although they did come early a couple of times. But over the last few months I noticed that I often bleed a small amount about a week before my full on period is due. I am due next Tuesday/Wednesday but on Tuesday, I had what looks like the beginning of my period and I am still spotting now. It doesn't happen every month but I have noticed it before. I just never thought about it too much as it didn't cause any discomfort etc.

But then I was reading about the Luteal Phase and it made me think that I could have an issue here.

Does anyone else have experience of this? I know it can be easily sorted but just curious if that's what it is.

Advertisement