Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card with benefits ??

Options
  • 27-04-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of changing my credit card, and I'm wondering what ones are there that give benefits as you use them. For example, had an MBNA one in the past that gave me pigsback points (1 point per euro spent). My current card is a Tesco visa, get tesco points as I use the card.
    Just wondering what other similar cards might be out there that could attract me away from the Tesco card?

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Santandar has a good rate and I think they give you free money when you transfer to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Thanks - rate doesn't matter, always pay off on time every month.

Ryanair flights have taken a back seat for a while, 3 small kids :)
    Thanks though

more ideas please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Advertisement

thanks for the info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of changing my credit card, and I'm wondering what ones are there that give benefits as you use them. For example, had an MBNA one in the past that gave me pigsback points (1 point per euro spent). My current card is a Tesco visa, get tesco points as I use the card.
    Just wondering what other similar cards might be out there that could attract me away from the Tesco card?

thanks

I had a tesco card. It was good for the cash they give you back.
    You cant check the balance online.
    Since around october you cant even check the balance or statement on the phone.
    You have to ring the number, wait ages for an answer, then put in all the numbers and security codes etc. Then a person answers and asks you those questions all over again. Then they will only give you a balance.
    Nothing like being able to check your spending online at any time.
    For that reason the tesco card is a pain to use and we got rid of it.

yeah, have found the same issues frustrating with our Tesco card too - plus they gave us a very low spending limit which is very restrictive, have to wait 12 months before they'll consider up-ing it

Advertisement