Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV thru Apple Tv and Macbook Pro?

• 27-04-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

HI Guys,

I want to watch normal tv from my mbp/apple tv on my tv! Is there anyway to mirror the different channel players?

Also wnat to be able to watch swedish channels and the players cut off after 10 mins! Any ideas here?

thanks

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

NIALLCONLY wrote: »
    HI Guys,

I want to watch normal tv from my mbp/apple tv on my tv! Is there anyway to mirror the different channel players?

Also wnat to be able to watch swedish channels and the players cut off after 10 mins! Any ideas here?

thanks

Niall

There will be in 2 months with mountain lion coming out, you'll be able to mirror anything you do on the macbook pro straight to the apple tv and you won't even need a wifi connection for it so it could be used anywhere, in theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

yer man! wrote: »
    There will be in 2 months with mountain lion coming out, you'll be able to mirror anything you do on the macbook pro straight to the apple tv and you won't even need a wifi connection for it so it could be used anywhere, in theory.

How will that work then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

BrianD wrote: »
    How will that work then?
    A lot like how it works for the new iPad and the iPhone 4s, just tap on an airplay symbol and select the available apple tv and it comes up. The macbook can also create it's own wifi hotspot so it can connect the apple tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

yer man! wrote: »
    A lot like how it works for the new iPad and the iPhone 4s, just tap on an airplay symbol and select the available apple tv and it comes up. The macbook can also create it's own wifi hotspot so it can connect the apple tv.

Ok, you just said you don't need wifi which is slightly misleading. :)

Advertisement