Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanlon Park 9-a-side

Options
  • 27-04-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd try here for the craic...

hoping to get a weekly game going for the summer months as im finished college...

preferably 18 regular lads who want to play at least once a week...

im a keeper so my team gets the whole game out field :P

but yeah...would there be any interest?

literally spur of the moment post...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

eldwaro wrote: »
    Just thought I'd try here for the craic...

hoping to get a weekly game going for the summer months as im finished college...

preferably 18 regular lads who want to play at least once a week...

im a keeper so my team gets the whole game out field :P

but yeah...would there be any interest?

literally spur of the moment post...

Yeah man sounds like a good idea I'd be up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

already had some interest!

would actually love to get a boardsie game going...that would be ideal

but im sure we'll get something together...keep the posts coming and we'll see what numbers we get

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'd say we'll be needing players over the summer, I'll keep ye posted. Would anyone reckon there'd be enough interest in a regular 5 a side in the cage?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I'd say we'll be needing players over the summer, I'll keep ye posted. Would anyone reckon there'd be enough interest in a regular 5 a side in the cage?

much easier get a definite cage game going...

plus is sounds manly as hell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

much easier get a definite cage game going...

plus is sounds manly as hell

Just think about that old Nike/ Cantona ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've played in the cage before. It's tough going. The ball is in play the whole game long. You get used to it after a while though.

I'd be interested in a game. I really need to get fit over the summer.

I've played in the cage before. It's tough going. The ball is in play the whole game long. You get used to it after a while though.

I'd be interested in a game. I really need to get fit over the summer.

4 years of college life have taken their toll on me!

fags need to go bye bye, beer getting cut back and wanna get fit for the grad in september...so the cage sounds good...

i know im a keeper, but still work up a sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Yep I'd definitely be on for that depending on the night, move back up from Waterford last year where I used to play 2 or 3 5-a-side games a week, only picking up the odd one up now and really missing it, so always on the look out for a game!

4 years of college life have taken their toll on me!

fags need to go bye bye, beer getting cut back and wanna get fit for the grad in september...so the cage sounds good...

i know im a keeper, but still work up a sweat!

I was the same only replace the fags with pizzas and chicken fillet rolls. Being a poor student was brutal. Pizzas from Dunnes were the only option. Always had money for 6 cans of Druids though.

You'll be kept on your toes in the cage anyway. As long as the teams are fair enough you'll be stopping shots the whole time. It's so small that you can take a shot from anywhere on the pitch.

Oh and another thing beware if it's very warm out. That cage gets ridiculously warm if the sun is shining. It's like a greenhouse. The air is fairly thin in there as well. We were playing at 3 in the day though so it mightn't be as bad this time round.

I was the same only replace the fags with pizzas and chicken fillet rolls. Being a poor student was brutal. Pizzas from Dunnes were the only option. Always had money for 6 cans of Druids though.

You'll be kept on your toes in the cage anyway. As long as the teams are fair enough you'll be stopping shots the whole time. It's so small that you can take a shot from anywhere on the pitch.

Oh and another thing beware if it's very warm out. That cage gets ridiculously warm if the sun is shining. It's like a greenhouse. The air is fairly thin in there as well. We were playing at 3 in the day though so it mightn't be as bad this time round.

im sure in the evenings itll be grand enough..

no harm in a bit of sweating! get the underarmour on and hydrate before i go...

well hopefully the interest keeps going...be cool to get a boardsie game going...we can try be honest on here and maybe even have teams someway even before we even go...can jerryrig it as we go along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

im in for a game early in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

what day are u thinking of playing??

what day are u thinking of playing??

well i'm still in college for two weeks, and then the missus is visiting...so anywhere from may 21st on i should be up for it.

if anyone else wants to kick start it before then ill gladly join in when its going.

otherwise ill try get numbers and that later on

i play monday nights at the moment and if one or two are interested , they're welcome?? tuesday is the only other night i could play as i work wed to sunday at night.

i play monday nights at the moment and if one or two are interested , they're welcome?? tuesday is the only other night i could play as i work wed to sunday at night.

cool will keep that in mind for meself, and blow the doors open for anyone else to post or pm barneygumble to join in...

ill be in touch closer to the date.

think the cage is a real possibly now.

yeah anyone wants to go tomorrow at six , pm me.

did this ever get started?

im just back in kk this week... so anyone interested in getting a cage going in scanlon post here...we'll see what kinda numbers we have.

I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Yep I'm interested (depending on the night)

• Advertisement

The mighty Brógmaker will be resuming training (a kick-about) this Thursday at 20h00. If anyone is interested let me know, there's no obligation to play for the team or anything but if you want to it's there also. €5 for the hour, just let me know.

I forgot to say it's in Scanlon Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

are there weekly games then? i'd love to get in on it

The Cage is available on mondays from 8-9 or 6-7

I can get a few top come is anyone else interested perhaps for this evening

aidankkk wrote: »
    The Cage is available on mondays from 8-9 or 6-7

I can get a few top come is anyone else interested perhaps for this evening

Sorry Aidan, I'm booked every Monday evening, Thursdays are also bad for me. If you're doing a boards thing, I'd say you'd need to organise it in advance. Did anyone go last Thursday? I was supposed to show up at the end but I got kidnapped by the OH.

The mighty Brógmaker will be resuming training (a kick-about) this Thursday at 20h00. If anyone is interested let me know, there's no obligation to play for the team or anything but if you want to it's there also. €5 for the hour, just let me know.

are ya still short any for this , i could do with another run out until the season starts??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

right lads, just after moving down to kilkenny from galway. lookin for a kick about if anyone is ever short players? would be available most evenings from 6. ye ever get that game going?

right lads, just after moving down to kilkenny from galway. lookin for a kick about if anyone is ever short players? would be available most evenings from 6. ye ever get that game going?

We play every Thursday at 8pm in Scanlon Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

We play every Thursday at 8pm in Scanlon Park.
    nice one captain havoc. sure ill turn up Thursday so if that's Alright? is it a 5er a head or somethin like that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement