Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating cream sauce

Options
  • 27-04-2012 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Cooking for a large group tonight. Making a simple mushroom cream sauce as one of the components.

This would basically involve sauteing some mushrooms in a little butter, then adding beef stock, black pepper and cream.

I am doing as much as possible in advance. Can I safely make this cream sauce now and reheat later - or will it split?

I'd rather make it on the spot than have it go wrong while people sit hungry at the table.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

make it without the cream. when u reheat the sauce then add the cream :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Yes that's probably the most obvious and simple solution. :)

Would it split though? Can cream sauce ever be reheated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

maybe it can be reheated gently, its difficult to know when to stop unless you use a thermometer i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Cheers Curry Addict. Best not to risk it. Boards to the rescue again. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I find my cream sauces tend to split into milk solids and butter oil. Still tasty, but not much use for showing off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

if you use double cream, it will reheat, its made to take high temperature. just reheat slowly.

Advertisement