Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Boardsies do you know?

• 27-04-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Up in Dublin from Limerick for work and standing on westmoreland st for about 30 mins, and it got me thinking how many of em are boardsies and the ammount I know.

Id say I know about 20-25 that I've met through beers etc. a few of which I've become great friends with!

So what about you, how many boardsies do you know, or have you met outside of this virtual world?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

One. From a previous board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

A few from school and college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

None, I have enough friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm not bothered counting them tbh. lots. lots and lots. go to beers and you'll soon get to know ALL the boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

None that I'm aware of, but I have recognised one from being a year or two below me in school in the longago time, and I've spotted one or two about town (which town? more than one!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

None at the moment. I did introduce my best friend to boards but he got banned. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

None. Bunch of cunts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

3 and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

None

I like to keep my anonymity anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

None

I like to keep my anonymity anyway :cool:

I heard you were in Spain Larry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

token101 wrote: »
    I heard you were in Spain Larry?

:eek:

I've been rumbled.

*Puts cloak over face and runs off into the night*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

:eek:

I've been rumbled.

*Puts cloak over face and runs off into the night*

Should have put a sticker over your webcam!

Going live in 5,4,3.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd know around 4 well enough, but have met something like 25 at beers and such. That's just who I know are boardsies. There are obviously quite a few who i don't know are on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nobody I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Met about 20 at the two beers I went to, would consider 7 of them to be good friends and 3/4 to be really good friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

About 15 -20 Id say, few from beers, few from football/rugby and others I was already friends with and didnt know till recently that they were here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Met about 20 at the two beers I went to, would consider 7 of them to be good friends and 3/4 to be really good friends :)

So 5 of them are really good friends, and .25 of one is a really good friend...that's a girl who lets you play with her boobies isn't it. :pac:

A few from college. Others from work who don't post on the same boards that I do.
    So 5 of them are really good friends, and .25 of one is a really good friend...that's a girl who lets you play with her boobies isn't it. :pac:

When people starting talking about percentages of people it juts makes them all sound like murderers who decapitate bodies. Just sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Everyone on my friends list is from RL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Maybe 20 - 30 from ATWR and Motors Meets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I befriended one or 2 on here, texted a few times and that but never met anyone from Boards in the flesh.

That I know of anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've met hundreds of Boardsies I'd reckon over the years. A lot are friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I know who all of you are.

Only got to cop a feel on one :(

(3 or 4 very good friends, ya shnake :p)

Leeg, you come up as a recommended friend on fb

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Only got to cop a feel on one :(

(3 or 4 very good friends, ya shnake :p)

One boob?:D:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've gotten to know a lot of kick ass people through boards beers and hanging out in general.

• Advertisement

I've gotten to know a lot of kick ass people through boards beers and hanging out in general.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A good few..mostly from shooting at them (airsofters). Oh, and 3 from throwing stuff at them (work colleagues).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The Snipe wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Up in Dublin from Limerick for work and standing on westmoreland st for about 30 mins, and it got me thinking how many of em are boardsies and the ammount I know.

Id say I know about 20-25 that I've met through beers etc. a few of which I've become great friends with!

So what about you, how many boardsies do you know, or have you met outside of this virtual world?
    Everyone in Dublin has a boards account. That's why everyone in AH knows when we say town it's the one with the spike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

none really :( but I did have a dream a while ago about Boards, like the film Chatroom, where all the forums were rooms, and you could physically go into a room, and sit and talk with people. So, I met a few of you in there.

(Weirdly enough, there were actually 2 real usernames in my dream that I never talk to) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Met a couple thru the classic car forum & a few thru other forums.

Mainly it was to do with buying/selling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I've met a good few boardsies and would consider a handful to be friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

One I know really well, another I have met a couple of times (she is really nice :)) and a couple of others briefly.

Leeg, you come up as a recommended friend on fb

>_>

Add away :p
    hondasam wrote: »
    One boob?:D:p

Got a smack after that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

So now, how many of them have you molested ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

The one I know really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

None!
    I've never been to a beers so never met anyone from here. Nearly went to one once but something came up at the very last minute so I had to give it a miss.
    Ill go to a beers one of these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i used to work with one but i wasnt on boards at the time. other than that noone, i must go to one of these beers sometime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I've seen a few people I know on the Know Your (insert forum here)er's threads, but I've never brought it up in real life. They've probably seen me on it too, but it's never been brought up.

It seems a good way of making enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

only know 2, some guy who i dont know named me(my real name) in reply to a post once...
    it really annoyed me, not sure if it was having my anonymity revealed or not knowing who he was that bothered me most:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

44leto wrote: »
    It seems a good way of making enemies.

True,How about the next thread be how many boardsies do you hate ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

About 10 that I know of.

Add away :p

I'll leave it up to the facebook gods to bring you my way again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

only know 2, some guy who i dont know named me(my real name) in reply to a post once...
    it really annoyed me, not sure if it was having my anonymity revealed or not knowing who he was that bothered me most:)

Ahh yes, I've one of them too, Anyone who goes around the Limerick forum will know what I mean! :p:p:p:p

crazygeryy wrote: »
    True,How about the next thread be how many boardsies do you hate ?

About 78 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I know a few before Boards. Some are still about, haven't seen a couple of them in years though.

There is another bunch that I feel as if I know very well, but I have never met them :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement