Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumped animals in Clare

• 27-04-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Just heard on Clare FM that 2 calves and 3 dogs were found dead, dumped in a woods in Lisdoonvarna. Disgusting stuff, what possesses someone to do this?!? I hope the person is caught and punished >:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My local paper reported a greyhound/lurcher that was found beaten to death. Poor thing was bound and clubbed with a rock that was found beside him covered in blood. I don't know how anybody can sleep at night after doing something like that. :mad:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdroghedaleader.ie%2F&ei=xt2aT_CRK8jBhAfChMXkDg&usg=AFQjCNEI0fAZTfYpYzzwIWTOknWaOXtsgg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

These finds are the tip of a very ugly ice-berg I'm afraid:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh jesus, Borderlinemeath, I really wish I hadn't read your post.
    Stomach churning. Vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I will never understand why people Ill treat animals, they can't be @rsed to look after them, but they will make the time to abuse and murder them,

why get a pet if you could bring yourself to hurt them, you know yourself if your an animal person,

same goes for people whos pets had pups or kittens etc, they think killing them is doing everyone a favour.

These people have no hearts, I hope karma bites them in the @ss! Some people I know myself who have been abusive to animals, im waiting on the day they get the treatment they deserve.

The law in Ireland never properly defends the victim, wether it be animal abuse or abuse between people. It needs reform!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thinking optimistically I hope they all died of natural causes (or at least quick causes such as a bullet) before being dumped and it was just a case of not being able to afford proper disposal. I'd imagine the dept of agriculture won't look too kindly upon the calves being dumped so hopefully they'l have ear tags traceable back to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Thinking optimistically I hope they all died of natural causes (or at least quick causes such as a bullet) before being dumped and it was just a case of not being able to afford proper disposal. I'd imagine the dept of agriculture won't look too kindly upon the calves being dumped so hopefully they'l have ear tags traceable back to someone.

I'd imagine the first thing they'd do (the lowlife that did this) is take the ear tags off, that's if they even tagged them in the first place, if they were stillborn they probably didn't, much too risky for them to be able to be traced back to the owners as the owners would be in very hot water with the DOA and it would hit them where it hurts, in the wallet via their grants and schemes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

My local paper reported a greyhound/lurcher that was found beaten to death. Poor thing was bound and clubbed with a rock that was found beside him covered in blood. I don't know how anybody can sleep at night after doing something like that. :mad:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdroghedaleader.ie%2F&ei=xt2aT_CRK8jBhAfChMXkDg&usg=AFQjCNEI0fAZTfYpYzzwIWTOknWaOXtsgg

I read about this in the local paper too, and feel really troubled and downcast by it. Even my non-doggy boss was very moved and shocked by it. Quite apart from what you describe here, the dog's muzzle was taped closed. That is so sinister. The area has a bit of a reputation for dog bodies being found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I doubt those people would be stupid enough to leave the tags on (if they were tagged - don't know how old they were) especially after the dumped greyhounds in the quarry were traced from the ear tattoos. (Btw, does anyone know if they had charges put against them for that?) But one can only hope these animals didn't have to suffer before their death. Maybe there was an outbreak of something on the farm and they just wanted to dispose of the animals far away rather than somewhere near to the farm if they couldn't afford proper disposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

DBB wrote: »
    I read about this in the local paper too, and feel really troubled and downcast by it. Even my non-doggy boss was very moved and shocked by it. Quite apart from what you describe here, the dog's muzzle was taped closed. That is so sinister. The area has a bit of a reputation for dog bodies being found.

The tape on the muzzle sickened me as well. Whatever about being so cruel and heartless that you would shoot a dog that was of no use to you - to do what was done to that dog is barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That is sick, i dont know how anyone could be so heartless, breaks my heart :(

Karma will get them and by god will they suffer, a neighbour of mine was not an animal lover and often hunted and cruelly killed all kinds of animals, Karma got him good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just an update on this. Ennis dogpound has uploaded pics of the case to Facebook with an appeal for anyone who knows anything to speak to ennistimon guards. There were no gun shot wounds and no signs of being hit by a car but there were marks around their necks showing they had been hung. Pics are horrific :( I really hope they catch who did this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Autosport wrote: »
    a neighbour of mine was not an animal lover and often hunted and cruelly killed all kinds of animals, Karma got him good.

Autosport I would suggest not using hunting and cruelty in the same sentence without a lot more clarification as to what you mean, and before you do so please check the forum rules on discussion of hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Advertisement