Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar food near the Crescent

• 27-04-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Meeting my folks who are coming up from "the country" tomorrow (Saturday) and trying to think of somewhere nice for a lunch, needs to be near enough the crescent, they don't want to go into town- so I'm thinking my options are Collins', The Unicorn or Russells?
    Anyone know if it's carvery or table service in those places on Saturdays around lunch time, or if you know of anywhere else in the area that would suit...looking for basic meat n 2 veg kinda thing!
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Punches too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foxadoyle

Carvery lunch in Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The 3 you mentioned are definitely all Carvery....not sure about The Hi-way though, as it's another option.
    They are all pretty much the same as regards quality....down to personal choice of which place looks nicer really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

The Snipe wrote: »
    Punches too!

Good shout, I was there last Saturday and the grub was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Collins' is probably the most practical for parking, etc. The Unicorn and most like Russels can be hectic for parking at lunch time. Last time I was in Russels a few weeks back, the carvery lunch was €10:95 for the main course which is a bit pricy imo. Fine food but just a bit expensive these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

There's also Franz in the Industrial Est, they do a cavery but also some stuff to order like salads, paninis etc.

I've been there for lunch a few times & its tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Sinatra's / old Highway, it's sit down on a Saturday not carvery, cut your voucher out of the Limerick Post & buy one main course, get second one free, you will get a nice steak too if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Collins'... Collins'.... Collins'.....

I'm not familiar with the Carvery there but the A la Carte is as good as it gets in terms of bang for your buck..

If your not impressed ill eat my hat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

moby2101 wrote: »

I'm not familiar with the Carvery there but the A la Carte is as good as it gets in terms of bang for your buck..

Collins is meh IMO

Hiway is a better option I'd have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I prefer the unicorn . There stuffing is the best . But their portions can be a bit small sometimes. Oh and I almost forgot about their garlic potatoes . Yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

moby2101 wrote: »

Carvery also is very good in Collins'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I like Punches :) Punches does nice food! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

The Unicorn Carvery is €14 for 2 dinners!! Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

You also have scotts not far from the area
    and does the southcourt hotel do carvery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bawlbag3

collins do a have a tasty menu and it is fairly reasonable also. Also russels have a very tasty carvery during the weekdays anyway, have not been there at the weekends but i would say it would be fairly classy also.

Advertisement