Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Phone Coverage

Options
  • 27-04-2012 5:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering what the various network phone coverage is like around the county.

I'm with O2 currently and I find:

Dundalk - Perfect
    Drogheda - Okay
    Cooley - non-existent
    Carlingford & Greenore - Poor

Anyone anything to add? I'm also wondering what Meteor's coverage is like around the county.

Comments

Do you live in Dundalk? I've come across a surprisingly number of blackspots on the three older networks. Passing through it may not be noticeable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I was with 3 years ago but I found the coverage poor and got rid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There are blackspots for all networks all over the place. None work at my home (unless you count a spot half way down the garden where all work). The question is a bit vague to be honest. Saying "Dundalk" is a bit broad, for example.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm not so worried about black spots I'm more curious about whole town-lands that have no coverage with certain networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's my point - any Townland, that I know of, with bad coverage (or none at all) is that way for Vodafone and O2 (can't speak for other providers, as I don't use them).

My apologies for using the term black spot in a manner other than your definition. My TOWNLAND is a total black spot, as is the neighbouring one. There are sizeable areas throughout the county with little or no coverage for either network

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was with3 had feck all coverage, when i complained i was told i should never have been given a phone for the 3 network as the coverage in my area is so bad, vodafone are just as bad... am with meteor and while it is not ideal its grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

I'm wondering what the various network phone coverage is like around the county.

I'm with O2 currently and I find:

Dundalk - Perfect
    Drogheda - Okay
    Cooley - non-existent
    Carlingford & Greenore - Poor

Anyone anything to add? I'm also wondering what Meteor's coverage is like around the county.

O2 3G coverage is particularly poor around Drogheda,

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I have o2 mobile and 3g broadband in Dundalk and its as quick, if not quicker than eircom and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

No probs with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Found O2 to be clearly weaker around Drogheda compared to Vodafone and Meteor's coverage seems similar to Vodafone but I haven't used them in years. Three are good also (if you're happy with the roaming onto voice-only Vodafone coverage).

Don't know about coverage beyond Dunleer really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

Three is now the strongest signal in Blackrock and Dundalk (4 years ago it was nt so).
    I've tried all the networks and only three works in my house (Blackrock).
    Strong download speeds and consistent signal where all others revert to 2g or less.
    Meteor and emobile are a bit ropey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

vodafone clearly better 2g and 3g coverage round Louth area,
    and best 3g coverage for streaming sky news etc..

Advertisement