Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santigold

• 27-04-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭

Picked up the new album at the weekend. It's been too long but it's been worth the wait. I was going to get the vinyl but it was so bloody dear. Saw her at last year's EP but it's not the same when you're unfamiliar with the new material. Hope she plays again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Picked up the new album at the weekend. It's been too long but it's been worth the wait. I was going to get the vinyl but it was so bloody dear. Saw her at last year's EP but it's not the same when you're unfamiliar with the new material. Hope she plays again.

Loved the first album. Played it to death. Heard the single off the mew album and wasnt overly impressed. How dies the new album stack up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Which single had you heard? The album as a whole is brilliant. You should really give it a go. I wasn't overly enthused about one of the recent singles too but I like it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Which single had you heard? The album as a whole is brilliant. You should really give it a go. I wasn't overly enthused about one of the recent singles too but I like it now.

I think it was Disparate Youth. Not 100% sure tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Just listened to the album in it's entirety today and it's class! Love the track she does with Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Been listening to this album a good bit recently. Still not sure if it's as good as the first one but it's definitely growing on me. Standouts for me are "God From the Machine" and "This Isn't Our Parade". And I always laugh at "Look At These Hoes"! :pac:

Had a look on Ticketmaster and it appears her August gig at Button Factory has sold out. I had been half thinking of going but looks like I left it too late now. :( Probably for the best, as I can't really afford another gig this year and I did get to see her at EP last year. Still, she's great live so would have been cool going to see her again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i fecking NEED that album. gonna buy it this week. :D
    heard a few songs so far and loved them all!! :)

Advertisement