Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap PC please

Options
  • 27-04-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to build a simple Desktop PC for office type use. I would like it as cheap as possible please.

Something like AMD 3.2 GHZ Dual Core. 4GB Ram 120 GB HDD.
    Motherboard with intergrated graphics.
    Including 22 inch wide screen keyboard, mouse etc.
    Case: Preferably slimline desktop.

Budget: As cheap as possible.

Hope I have given enough info.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

There's a link in my signature with a questionnaire in it, if you fill it out here you'll get better help.

you could look into a H61 board and Pentium g630, or an AMD apu if you need a bit more GPU grunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    There's a link in my signature with a questionnaire in it, if you fill it out here you'll get better help.

you could look into a H61 board and Pentium g630, or an AMD apu if you need a bit more GPU grunt.

Thanks.

1. What is your budget? [€200 - 350]
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Office Word Processing/Internet
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22 -24
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No
    8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser
    9. When are you purchasing? No rush
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Am ok with building.

Someone quoted me 600 Euro for
    HP PC 3.2 AMD Dual Core. 4GB ram 120Gb HDD. I thought that was very expensive and thought I could do it for half that price. So I am determined to do it. I have an idea what to get but not sure on compatibility etc.

I ordered components for a gaming PC last year from hardwareversand.de from reading posts here, but hard to find post for simple desktop PC.

Hope it help.

Advertisement