Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footing turf

• 27-04-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hoping to do turf footing during the summer,
    But i havent a clue on how to price it :/
    ive done it before when i was younger for relatives so i know how hard it is and how to do it. But i dont know how to price it. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I dont know what people charge but why dont you just figure how many hoppers / yards you can do in a day and and divide it into how much money you want per day . Where in the country are you ? I hate footing turf and wouldnt mind getting someone to look after it altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Simcard102

Ahright, ya i can give that a go sure thanks, roscommon, yourself ?

Galway so its a pity its a bit of a spin but good luck with the footing . It wont be the easiest summer job but fair play

Ive a uncle up in galway id say i could stay up there for a while no bother,
    Im fekin mad fer any bit of work atall, trying to save up for insurance

It should be cut in the next week or two so ill send you a msg when it is and you can tell me what you charge thanks

• Advertisement

Sound, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Only one thing worse than foot n' mouth and thats foot'n turf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

Back in the day we used to get 8 pence a metre for a 10 sod row when footing turf for Bord na Mona, 2 pence a metre to turn it.
    Hard on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

'Tis been a long time since I left the Ould Bog Road aye .... good workout wheeling the bog barrow out to the reek and no problems sleeping after a day footin' ..... simpler times drinkin bog tea and sitting on danach or high bank!

Would be less trouble on nation's streets at nights if more teens spent a few weeks at bog again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭9935452

Simcard102 wrote: »
    Hoping to do turf footing during the summer,
    But i havent a clue on how to price it :/
    ive done it before when i was younger for relatives so i know how hard it is and how to do it. But i dont know how to price it. thanks

I was told of a chap last year who was footing turf for a tenor a hopper.
    I believe he was a foreigner and was getting loads of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

9935452 wrote: »
    I was told of a chap last year who was footing turf for a tenor a hopper.
    I believe he was a foreigner and was getting loads of work
    I will pay him more than that PM me.
    Everybody wins.

Advertisement