Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What have I started - the thread about the OT thread went OT!?! :eek::D:p

Sorry I'm only getting back to this now - I never intended it to descend in to bitching about mods, their decisions, some super special private forum or whatever. I also don't understand why users who rarely / never post in motors let alone the OT hread have entered this 'argument'!

The reason I started this thread is because as a regular contributor to boards.ie motors I enjoyed being able to have a bit of chat and banter on the OT thread with the other motors regulars. I'm not alone on this - there's a lot of us that really enjoyed that thread and I think it has been very positive for motors as a whole as well as brought us closer together through sharing of common interests.

I've no problem with any mod, it's a tough and thankless job and I would be happy to see the OT thread re-open under the condition that mod decisions are final and arguing with their decisions gives you a week off. That suggestion might seem harsh to some, but if that's what it takes to re-open the thread I'm good with that.
    lafors wrote: »
    To the actual topic of this thread, I actually agree with johnos et al who think the OT thread should be reopened. I only posted in it a handful of times but I still enjoyed reading it and think it did create a good community within the motors forum.

I think a few things need to be addressed before it reopens though.
    Firstly the charter needs to be updated for it. Any unsuitable posts/material in the OT thread results in a decent ban.
    Secondly the thread should be called the OT thread. No changing names etc. Changing its name makes it seem cliquey and will stop the average motors poster posting in it.
    Thirdly, posters should be aware that anyone, even unregistered users can read that thread and only post things they have no problem with any tom, dick, or harry seeing.

+1

EDIT: When I started this thread I PM'd a few of the regulars to let them know I had done so in the hope we could get the OT thread re-opened. I only got to read the PM's replies now and it seems there's quite a few disheartened with the thread closure. The thing is the thread closue is disappointing to those who contribute most to boards.ie motors as a whole and make that community what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Gary ITR wrote: »
    You have your facts arse about face. I requested Motors Offline a few years back and I along with otherd decided how it should be run. It has nothing to do with the motors forum and even states that in the charter which I wrote 3 years ago. Now I would appreciate if any reference to that forum be deleted from here because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. If you have a problem with any of the above feel free to PM me

I've discussed it with ChewChew over PM so lets leave it at that

@Lafors the same as above.

***I've already asked twice that it be dropped from the discussion so lets leave it there***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

johnos1984 wrote: »
    You have your facts arse about face. I requested Motors Offline a few years back and I along with otherd decided how it should be run. It has nothing to do with the motors forum and even states that in the charter which I wrote 3 years ago. Now I would appreciate if any reference to that forum be deleted from here because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. If you have a problem with any of the above feel free to PM me

I've discussed it with ChewChew over PM so lets leave it at that

@Lafors the same as above.

***I've already asked twice that it be dropped from the discussion so lets leave it there***
    You dragged a forum I've worked very hard on for a long time through the mud and expect me to say nothing? You come across as a very bitter little man if I'm honest

Can you do as I ask and delete all references to our private forum?

Can you do as I ask and delete all references to our private forum?

I think all references to that forum should be deleted from this thread as it has nothing to do with the subject.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I think all references to that forum should be deleted from this thread as it has nothing to do with the subject.

You'll all have to edit your replies now

• Advertisement

You come across as a very bitter little man if I'm honest
    I'm not

And I'd appreciate if you dropped the personal digs

You come across as a very bitter little man if I'm honest
    I'm not

And I'd appreciate if you dropped the personal digs
    I just told you how you're coming across, thats not a personal dig. In my eyes you're coming across as a bitter little man.

Its of my opinion that the off topic thread had run its course. The constant innuendo drove me away from it, thats not me being a prude, I like a good bit of innuendo but it got ridiculous and tiresome so I havent bothered even looking into it in a few weeks.I did enjoy it at the start, it was a great place to just post up random bits. It needs to be discussed among the regulars as to what to do with it

I just told you how you're coming across, thats not a personal dig. In my eyes you're coming across as a bitter little man.
    I've deleted the posts if you again wish to make kuntish comments then PM me :)

Gary - I never knew about this MO thing until now and I understand you have put a lot in to it and therefore take comments re same personally but wouldn't you take being called 'a bitter little man' personally too?

Lads can we leave the MO thing and having a go at each other alone now? It's not doing this thread or our 'cause' any good at all.

I've deleted the posts if you again wish to make kuntish comments then PM me :)
    Listen, I had no problem with you, even went out of my way to help you when you shot your mouth off about a dealer, remember that? Also offered to run and collect tickets for you. Now you dragged my forum through the mud, I've since heard about abusive pms sent to one of the mods a couple of months back so i have every right to come on here and be pissed off and tbhI wouldnt give you the courtesy of a pm

• Advertisement

It's not doing this thread or our 'cause' any good at all.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

The off topic thread should be there in the motors forums to allow people to get to know each other and relax with like minded people.

Lafors has put it better than I ever could.

Any other forums have nothing to do with anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A thread on the Off Topic thread can't even be kept on topic :rolleyes:

Listen, I had no problem with you, even went out of my way to help you when you shot your mouth off about a dealer, remember that? Also offered to run and collect tickets for you. Now you dragged my forum through the mud, I've since heard about abusive pms sent to one of the mods a couple of months back so i have every right to come on here and be pissed off and tbhI wouldnt give you the courtesy of a pm
    That's a rather low dig Gary and as my elderly mother had a phsyco path on the door step and I was in contact with the Gardaí over the issue I really think you've gone too far dragging up real world events over a comment made about an internet forum.

Get a life

BTW Gary you suggest a mod made public private message above after you were a moderator yourself................isn't that a serious offence as outlined earlier in the thread.

Infact you've made them public here as you have a matter involving the Gardaí

Very poor show

Johno / Gary - can yiz take it somewhere else PLEASE!!!!!

BTW Gary you suggest a mod made public private message above after you were a moderator yourself................isn't that a serious offence as outlined earlier in the thread.

Infact you've made them public here as you have a matter involving the Gardaí

Very poor show
    Anybody can discuss pms as they see fit, you make my business public and I'll return the favour for you. Look at your own poor show, coming on 'in beer' as you say and posting bitter little comnents, up until today I never crossed swords with you and I have to come in here and defend myself and my forum

Johno / Gary - can yiz take it somewhere else PLEASE!!!!!
    Sorry dude but I wouldnt have come near this thread had my private forum not been dragged into it

Anybody can discuss pms as they see fit, you make my business public and I'll return the favour for you. Look at your own poor show, coming on 'in beer' as you say and posting bitter little comnents, up until today I never crossed swords with you and I have to come in here and defend myself and my forum
    Gary your confusing the real world with the internet

And no moderators are not allowed discuss PM's with anyone as you know.

Also ex-mods I'm sure aren't allowed to make public issues involving the Gardaí and boards

This thread is now utterly pointless and has nothing to do with the original topic.

Nice one lads - well done. :(

• Advertisement

Also ex-mods I'm sure aren't allowed to make public issues involving the Gardaí and boards
    No confusion at all, that forum is private for a reason and you are jeopordising its very exsistence

Theres no rule in place regarding divulging abusive pms.

No rule about ex mods either

This thread is now utterly pointless and has nothing to do with the original topic.

I asked for the issue to be dropped but in fairness if someone makes personal digs, refers to PM's sent to a mod (which weren't abusive) and discusses issues involving boards, the Gardaí and my bloody mother then I see no reason not to challenge them

Nice one lads - well done. :(
    Its in the wrong place anyway, maybe a thread discussing it in motors would be best. A mini motors feedback thread as such

I asked for the issue to be dropped but in fairness if someone makes personal digs, refers to PM's sent to a mod (which weren't abusive) and discusses issues involving boards, the Gardaí and my bloody mother then I see no reason not to challenge them
    Well you brouht it on yourself when you ran your mouth off. The pms were abusive and involved name calling. You also referred to the issue involving the gardai in the main forum at the time

No confusion at all, that forum is private for a reason and you are jeopordising its very exsistence

No rule about ex mods either

Gary,

you really have gone too far with this.

Discussing my PM's is not right, as is bringing up issues which the Gardaí had to deal with where my mother was threatened as you know full ****ing well

Seriously low and bad behaviour

Well you brouht it on yourself when you ran your mouth off. The pms were abusive and involved name calling. You also referred to the issue involving the gardai in the main forum at the time

Why would a mod, dealing with a mod issue, forward my pm's on to a non mod member and discuss them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why would a mod, dealing with a mod issue, forward my pm's on to a non mod member and discuss them?
    Just stick Gary on ignore and quit this bitch fighting. You've ruined this thread with your petty little squabble.

I mentioned the dealer earlier, gave no details and now youve gone and given the full story playing the 'poor me' card. Grow up.

If a user is abused by pm by another user they can discuss it with whoever they like, also I still have input in the running of that forum as do all of the members, its not the mods who decide if you get access its the members

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just to clarify this, there is a long-standing rule in place that the contents of PMs should not be posted without the other person's permission. The only exception to this is the DRP. Equally we'd expect mods not to divulge the contents of PMs they have received in the course of their modding duties to non-mods. Gary ITR and johnos1984, if you wish to discuss the finer points of these rules between yourselves then take it to PM as it has nothing to do with the original topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

John, I dont see the point in this, The thread is closed. Their telling us nothing. It seems that no matter what me, you or any other members of the OT tread say it just wont make a difference. It seems once a corrupt mod makes a choice its final, no matter how unfair it is for the members.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement