Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors Off Topic Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I somehow fear that that this thread has been hijacked with an agenda to flog it into the ground.... Mission accomplished then.

With respect to the OT thread. It seems to be one Mod and his general annoyance at the thread.... To be fair it had problems which were addressed however this continuous and obsessive "back on topic.... Off topic please" was just ridiculous. A forum needs its new members as well as its regulars.... That's where the vast volume of knowledge comes from after all.... I really do fear that our regs are being pushed away..... I suppose it'd be easy to moderate a dead forum though....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Gary your confusing the real world with the internet

And no moderators are not allowed discuss PM's with anyone as you know.

Also ex-mods I'm sure aren't allowed to make public issues involving the Gardaí and boards

John, I dont see the point in this, The thread is closed. Their telling us nothing. It seems that no matter what me, you or any other members of the OT tread say it just wont make a difference. It seems once a corrupt mod makes a choice its final, no matter how unfair it is for the members.:(
    Eh corrupt? Wtf? This is a motors forum, not politics. :D what are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

MugMugs wrote: »
    Eh corrupt? Wtf? This is a motors forum, not politics. :D what are you on about?

When a mod closes a thread for their own satifaction, Abusing the power of been a mod. i.e. Corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

The motors off topic thread was abused by certain users, it was slowly run into the ground & everyone got sick of innuendos and constant flirting, it got ridiculous & just grated on everyone. That's what went wrong it has nothing to do with mod satisfaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Jemmy wrote: »
    The motors off topic thread was abused by certain users, it was slowly run into the ground & everyone got sick of innuendos and constant flirting, it got ridiculous & just grated on everyone. That's what went wrong it has nothing to do with mod satisfaction

Are you hinting that im the cause of this happening? :confused:

• Advertisement

Are you hinting that im the cause of this happening? :confused:

Christ what is wrong with ppl in here. Did I make any reference to you? NO

I said certain users & I'm leaving it at that.

The motors off topic thread was abused by certain users, it was slowly run into the ground & everyone got sick of innuendos and constant flirting, it got ridiculous & just grated on everyone..........

It might have grated on some people, not everyone though :)
    It might have grated on a certain group in particular, again not everyone. You can't speak for all the posters in the motors forum Jemmy :)

What I find puzzling is generally when a thread is started and it becomes apparent it's in the wrong forum it's moved, why hasn't this one been moved or closed with the prompt to head over to the xyz forum with the issue/grievance?

Fine let me rephrase it then... A large majority of the regular posters in there.

And to be fair private forums have nothing to do with this and never should have been brought into this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

When a mod closes a thread for their own satifaction, Abusing the power of been a mod. i.e. Corrupt.

Thats not going a bit far, no?

We really don't know the background as to this closing. Surely there had to be some sort of consensus among the 5 other mods as to why this was closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

RoverJames wrote: »
    It might have grated on some people, not everyone though :)
    It might have grated on a certain group in particular, again not everyone. You can't speak for all the posters in the motors forum Jemmy :)
    Fine let me rephrase it then... A large majority of the regular posters in there.

And to be fair private forums have nothing to do with this and never should have been brought into this discussion.

Just like every other thread on boards though......if you don't like it, don't read it. If it's not breaking any rules, there is nothing wrong with it.

I doubt it's a large majority of the regulars either, it might be a large majority of some other group though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Closed thread stays closed.

BDJW wrote: »
    Just like every other thread on boards though......if you don't like it, don't read it. If it's not breaking any rules, there is nothing wrong with it.

Agreed certain ppl probably should have received more warnings & temp bans instead I don't see why regular posters should have to stop reading somewhere because some ppl can't take it to pm or stop with childish constant innuendos.

I doubt it's a large majority of the regulars either, it might be a large majority of some other group though :pac:

If have something to say roverjames go ahead there, I'm not sure what 'group' you're referring to.

Closed thread stays closed.

Thank's for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thank's for your input.

I think he was referring to the fact that since there's more arguing on this thread and not more reasons/backup for the thread to be reopened, it's still closed.

.............. I'm not sure what 'group' you're referring to.

In your own head, list the folks you are including in this large majority you speak of, than see are they in any other group :)

If they are, that's the group I was referring to.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, enough is enough. This thread has turned into a complete train wreck and the sniping and allegations being hurled around are inevitably going to get someone banned.

I've spoken to the Motors mods and they believe that there is little point in responding on this thread because they feel that those wanting the thread reopened are simply ganging up on them. If you want to discuss it further with them then take it to PM.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement