Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone4 - No SIM Installed error

• 27-04-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this? a friend of mine bought a second hand iphone 4 which she was told was factory unlocked but after she updated to 5.1 it would no longer read her SIM. i assumed it was jailbroken and the update updated her baseband and hence it not working. but this isnt the case at all. it actually wont read a sim from ANY network (ive tried them all) each time it just gives the "no sim installed" error message. i've tried the "fix" for this putting a small bit of tape over the sim but this hasnt worked.
    any ideas?
    could it be a blacklisted phone? (she insists its not because it was working til she updated it)

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

I'd say that it's locked to a network in another country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It would say Invalid Sim if it was locked to another network.

Not reading the SIM at all suggests a hardware issue of some kind.

Does it say no sim installed on iTunes when connected to it?
    Certainly worth upgrading the OS again by doing a full recovery and erasing all the settings and data on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have encountered this issue when switching SIMS between phones (I teach iPhone programming, so the students are continually switchings SIMS).

In the vast majority of cases, the problem was that the SIM wasn't sitting right in the holder.

That could be your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

It would say Invalid Sim if it was locked to another network.

Not reading the SIM at all suggests a hardware issue of some kind.

Does it say no sim installed on iTunes when connected to it?
    Certainly worth upgrading the OS again by doing a full recovery and erasing all the settings and data on it.

tried all that :( updated to 5.1 (it was originally 5.0) set up as new phone (with redsn0w because thats the only way it was possible) etc and still nothing
    the problem was that the SIM wasn't sitting right in the holder.
    thought that too but i've tried 4 Sim cards and 3 different sim card trays :(

Advertisement