Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCITP through fas?

Options
  • 27-04-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    just wondering if anyone has done this course? the course content seems fine, but im wondering typically what would the hours be, ie is it 9-5 (it seems to be 27 weeks long though fas, including work exp)

im doing interview on wed for it, so can find out more then, but just really wondering if anyone has done it, and thier experience with it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I've done an MCP through them years ago and it was one half day a week ove r10 weeks or something, but as the MCITP is 3 microsoft certs so i'd assume it would me more class time than that. also if the courseware is similiar to what I've recieved from doing an MCITP course elsewhere recently you'll need other sources of material like technet & other books etc coz from my experience the official MS courseware only covers about 75% of whats needed to pass. that said if you can get on the course do so and pick every bit of knowledge from your trainer that you can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Wonde what the quality of the lecturers would be like, being fas and all that!
    Or are you left to your own devices.

I know i've done the 70-290 through Fas and the guy was an MCT. they usually outsource them to the likes of BT training or Global Knowledge so the instructors are all MCTs last time i checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Faolchu wrote: »
    I know i've done the 70-290 through Fas and the guy was an MCT. they usually outsource them to the likes of BT training or Global Knowledge so the instructors are all MCTs last time i checked.

Doesn't mean they are good. Or even know what they are talking about. Remember, those that can't do, teach.

Doesn't mean they are good. Or even know what they are talking about. Remember, those that can't do, teach.

true, in that particular case he did know his stuff. but that was over 2 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

hi all
    for any one that is interested
    i went to the meeting, (me and about 40 others.)

course content and lectures (from BT) all seem very good.
    course on 5 days a week for 6 months.

but they are prioritising long term unemployed, and you must have completed Comptia, mcp or a ccna.... your experience, or even diploma will not be good enough to get you on the course, unless you have completed the other courses mentioned above. which isnt very usefull to me....

id love to do it, but will defo lose out on this one....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Makes sense in a odd way. Odd because of how logical it is. I've heard that most of these FAS courses are held back because of the inability of some of the students to keep up.

but they are prioritising long term unemployed, and you must have completed Comptia, mcp or a ccna.... your experience, or even diploma will not be good enough to get you on the course, unless you have completed the other courses mentioned above. which isnt very usefull to me....

i

if it helps i'm pretty sure they also offer teh comptia and possible an MCP in XP/2003 server

• Registered Users Posts: 3 corber2012

can you post the link for this course..thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Dont see it either, has it been pulled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

hi
    when i found it, i was searching the FAS website for it.
    i checked the fas website there, and currently, there is one listed for cork, and one for tallaght.
    when i did it , it was listed for galway, so its probably rotated around the counties.

might be worth talking to fas, and seeing if they plan on doing it in your area....

Advertisement