Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dock invasion!!

Options
  • 27-04-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I've got about 17 million dock weeds growing in my garden and need a way of blasting the bas***ds once and for all. Way to many to dig up, and I have some nice fruit trees established so I don't want to go rotavating. Is there any miracle juice that I can dose them with that will kill them without effing up everything else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I've got about 17 million dock weeds growing in my garden and need a way of blasting the bas***ds once and for all. Way to many to dig up, and I have some nice fruit trees established so I don't want to go rotavating. Is there any miracle juice that I can dose them with that will kill them without effing up everything else?

Yep..
    There is a product called "Dockstar", it's an agricultural product used for clearing docks from pasture without affecting the grass... However it's expensive..
    Think it's about €90 for 3 litres which treats 3-4 acres..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padowado

another spray is Bandock in 1 liter bottle
    do not know price

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭KingKenny77

Thank you both. Will those products kill the docks for good? I read that the roots go fairly deep. I'm hoping to kill the docks and re-seed a lawn.

Appreciate your feedback folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If your just going to reseed anyway why not use a roundup type product?
    You'll be killing off the grass anyway if your reseeding, unless you're overseeing the lawn.
    Yes both products kill the docks off completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭KingKenny77

Thank you all. Will let you know how I get on. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement