Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very old xbox rrod

Options
  • 27-04-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

lads the xbox just got the rrod.

its well years old probably over 4 years so i doubt theres any warranty. so whats the next step? repair or just bin it and get a new one?

if i get a new one are the hard drives swappable? so can i take mine and plug it into a new xbox or will i need to get the dat atransfered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

The new xbox slim has an internal hard-drive so your old hard-drive will not work on it. Transfer the data and sell the old hard-drive on Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

punk77 wrote: »
    The new xbox slim has an internal hard-drive so your old hard-drive will not work on it. Transfer the data and sell the old hard-drive on Adverts.ie.

Completely incorrect, Its fairly easy to use your old hard drive in the new xbox.All you need is too open the case of the old hard drive and put the hard drive into the slim, takes 5 mins. If your looking to get it repaired there are lads over in the console modding forum who will do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Apologies to the OP for the apparent misinformation. I should have added 'AFAIK' to my comment. Anyway, it's good to know that the hard drives are adaptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

cheers muse bit the bullet and picked up a new one, I managed to strangle 5+ years out of the last one :D. picked up the 250 GB for €250 + 1 new release so the new console cost me €200 when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Try the old one with no hard drive attached,my 2005 360 stopped working,turned out it was just the drive, just got a drive on adverts,ie ,Works fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 argantrees

I had the same problem. Ended up getting a new console. The old hard drive worked and it loaded my profile on a different xbox 360. You will need a special screwdriver to open the hard drive case.

Advertisement