Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lame young bull

• 27-04-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Have a young 13 mth old Charolais bull who has become lame in the shed.
    He was trying to match a cow and slipped on slats.
    Nothing seems to be broke.He's reluctant to put any weight on it.Will it heal in its own time any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

I had a cow with a dragged shoulder lately, and old cow, reckon she came bulling and got dragged.

Vet gave her a pain-killer and enough for a few days. I could feel the swelling at the shoulder, but after a week on her own from the rest of them she is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

I would put him out on straw if you have the space and give him some kind of anti-inflammatory to take down the swelling , best to separate from the cows because if anything else comes bulling he probably do more damage
    Could you use ai on anything bulling till bull is mended ??
    Probably a decent bull ,worth minding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

First stop should be to have your vet look at him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sgbeef

thanks for help.have moved him on his own on straw swelling and pain seem to be easing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Pharaoh1

Had a year old bullock lame a few weeks back - pretty bad sometimes only standing on three legs, reluctant to put weight on it lying down a lot. I was able to pull up his foot with a rope and found no hoof problems. It was only then did I see his knee a bit skint but no cut and a small hard lump on his knee although it wasn't swollen. Vet said ok no need to come out and recommended Oxytet which surprised me a little. Left him out on grass with a couple of quiet ones and got them in for five evenings and 20 ml each time.
    He improved immediately and is almost perfect now.
    I would have thought maybe an anti-inflammatory but the vet knows best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement