Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Cisco EPC3925 and SIP

• 27-04-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

is it possible to set up UPC Cisco EPC3925 for SIP (have a SIP ac with voipcheap)

I looked thru the menus, could not see an option

Current Software Revision: epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125533-110830c_upc
    Firmware Name: epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125533-110830c_upc.bin

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

Can't see why not. What kind of error are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Malachy

No error as such, just dont have an option to configure Sip, in fact no mention of Sip anyware in config menus,
    options to configure the usual stuff, like MAC filtering, DHCP etc

wonder is it because there is a UPC Firmware on it

There are two rj11 for tel connection

I dont avail of it, but UPC offer a phone service,where u plug in a phone into one of the rj11, which suggests the router supports SIP ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I had a look at the manual, and it reads as if the only telephone service it deals with is that set up by the ISP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

I understand now. The router can function as an ATA, but UPC has hidden those options from the end user. You'll either need to buy your own ATA or use a softphone. This is not an unusual scenario at all.

It's probably the same as the other SA UPC modems (2203, 2425 etc). The phone ports can only be activated or deactivated by UPC themselves, there's no facility to add or edit a SIP proxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I got the Cisco EPC3925 from UPC last week. Without replacing firmware the options configuring it are limited, to put it mildly.

That said, why don't you go with the UPC phone offering? I did a few years ago. It cost nothing extra per month, I got a free phone and all my international landline calls are free any time. No VOIP provider can match that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I have the same problem, I have the epc3925 and the upc phone service.

But I have a work extension (Cisco 7940 SIP phone) that uses blueface. I believe I have to turn off the SIP ALG service but that option is not on the web config menus. It can be done by telnet, but there's no telnet login to the router (it just rejects any telnet sessions).

I've tried port forwarding 5060/5061 to the phones IP, disabled the firewall, even put the phone in a DMZ address but no joy.

I can make outbound call fine, but inbound just diverts straight to voicemail.

Any ideas?

Advertisement