Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish girls like to look orange?

• 27-04-2012 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

It looks horrible and I can't understand how girls plaster so much of the stuff on. I'd rather a girl sans all the orangeness, hope I'm not alone here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

It's all the Sunny D they drank as kids.

Orange you the curious one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Not all girls ...

Personally I perfare a bit of glow then looking like a gost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All girls are born Protestant, then their hymen is broken and they break out in freckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Did the 'marching season' start early this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They don't, you just hang around with skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Umpa lumpas, we all loved that film.

The tangerine queens,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

We're not all orange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some people definitely do take the whole summer glow thing a bit too far, but feck it, they're the ones paying for it and it's easy to spot and avoid.. it's like wearing a traffic cone on your head as far as I care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

So the guys can "concentrate" on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm an Irish girl and I don't like to look orange :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Unhealthy obsession with the 1971 film, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory staring Gene Wilder

Sellafield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I'd rather a girl sans all the orangeness, hope I'm not alone here?

Will someone not think of the umpa lumpas :(

One of your five a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Some Irish girls. Actually, you could probably even take out the Irish and just say some girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Orange.
    Orange who?
    Orange you glad I didn't say banana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I never fake tan. It smells terrible and I'm too lazy to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'm an Irish girl and I don't like to look orange :rolleyes:
    So it happens by accident then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They've been Tangoeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Ugh, it's revolting.
    What's worse is when these tangotastic girls don't match the tan to their face so they've got an orange face and a white body or vice versa.
    Well applied makeup and a good outfit can make you look ten times better than some hastily applied orange goo that can make you look scruffy and tarty.
    I don't know anyone who thinks it's an attractive look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I like it when they have orange faces and white necks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Ugh, it's revolting.
    What's worse is when these tangotastic girls don't match the tan to their face so they've got an orange face and a white body or vice versa.
    Well applied makeup and a good outfit can make you look ten times better than some hastily applied orange goo that can make you look scruffy and tarty.
    I don't know anyone who thinks it's an attractive look.

some girls are insecure & just want to look nice, they get it wrong, but they try, god love em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

So it happens by accident then?

Yep, the Irish female glows a bright orange in order to signal to the lesser and weaker Irish male that she is ready to mate in order to get a free house from the council and many welfare benefits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

Yep, the Irish female glows a bright orange in order to signal to the lesser and weaker Irish male that she is ready to mate in order to get a free house from the council and many welfare benefits

xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've found recently that the incidence of "orange" had reduced dramatically. Maybe I'm just frequenting bars that have a slightly older clientele.

Orange = jailbait I find

some girls are insecure & just want to look nice, they get it wrong, but they try, god love em

Yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

The future is bright, the future is orange!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

its true has are all after our love gun dribble :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

A bit snooty, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Ugh, it's revolting.

Hang on a second, pale face and orange body. :confused:

You have definitely been tangoed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭hometruths

It looks horrible and I can't understand how girls plaster so much of the stuff on. I'd rather a girl sans all the orangeness, hope I'm not alone here?

+1 - it's revolting.

Jeremy Clarkson writing in 2008...
    I was in Dublin last weekend, and had a very real sense I’d been invited to the last days of the Roman empire. As far as I could work out, everyone had a Rolls-Royce Phantom and a coat made from something that’s now extinct. And then there were the women. Wow. Not that long ago every girl on the Emerald Isle had a face the colour of straw and orange hair. Now it’s the other way around.

Like him or loathe him he's got a point on this one.

My girlfriend has just informed me that the orange look comes from too much cheap fake tan and cheap foundation. There you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NinetyTwo

There's a woman who lives around the corner from me who takes it way too far. Her face and neck are pretty much glowing orange while the rest of her body is ignored, and so, noticeably pale. Saw her and her husband speaking outside my house today and was wondering why the fuck he doesn't say something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I can understand that women may want to look orange and pile on the fake tan.

The question should be, why do so many Irish men like to look orange, that is waaaay more concerning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Equality for the Tango Girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Then I suggest you focus your attention on non penny's tan buying town bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MadYaker wrote: »
    They don't, you just hang around with skangers.
    Or D4 gals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I hate tan. Looks and smells horrid. I go out like a ghost ALL the time. Pale and interesting ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

MadYaker wrote: »
    My girlfriend has just informed me that the orange look comes from too much cheap fake tan and cheap foundation. There you go.

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Just do sunbeds like me. The cancer scare is better than looking like a knackbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Why do Irish girls like to look orange?

Cos they're full of pip?

nedoo wrote: »
    Really?

Yes.

I don't know any D4 "gals" as far as I'm aware. Is it more common in dublin? I don't see it that much around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Its to cover up the corned beef look skin Im afraid, too many years coming in out of the cold and sitting in front of the fire. Well thats my opinion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Lack of duck face with fake tan and low cut top's picks is..... disapoint?~?:confused:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My theory is that a girl applies some fake tan for a night out etc. Looks okay-ish, but then that starts to wear off after 2-3 days, so what to do they do, apply MORE fake tan on top of that to try even it out, which never works. And this builds up and you end up with the oompa loompa look.

Use Sally Hansen or MAC Face and Body if you want to even out your skintone.

You can be pale without looking like a ghost. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

NinetyTwo wrote: »
    There's a woman who lives around the corner from me who takes it way too far. Her face and neck are pretty much glowing orange while the rest of her body is ignored, and so, noticeably pale. Saw her and her husband speaking outside my house today and was wondering why the fuck he doesn't say something?

You have to understand why some men prefer to say nothing.

A man is walking behind his wife and says,

"Honey, you're getting fat, your backside is as wide as a washing machine."

The woman says nothing and keeps walking.

Bed time, the man tries to get a little bit of loving.

The woman says, "I can't start the washing machine for such a small load.
    You'll have to hand wash it yourself!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

NinetyTwo wrote: »
    Saw her and her husband speaking outside my house today and was wondering why the fuck he doesn't say something?

Its probably not something he gives a semi about. Certainly not worth a break-up even if its ugly and christ knows he'd have an ordeal on him if he mentioned "you're a little orange today honey"
    I can understand that women may want to look orange and pile on the fake tan.

The question should be, why do so many Irish men like to look orange, that is waaaay more concerning.

Who likes it? I like Irish women. I dont like that so many have to be orange but much like someone who knows sweeties arent perfect or good for them I still find them tempting. Doesnt mean I would settle down to live with an Ummpa Loopa but Im sure if you get to know them they could be great in person, if not a preference in skin tone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Koloman wrote: »
    So the guys can "concentrate" on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Oohh... Dennis Pennis is sooo clever.

Ah, well. Pity he's a ginger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement