Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange ad in the Herald

• 27-04-2012 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Bought The Herald this evening and saw this very bizarre ad.

I'll quote it word for word:

"Hard to Die? Strange item for sale. A Hard to Die lacy white bra. Only one owner. Enquiries within".

There's no other info, no phone number, no box number.
    What does it mean?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dazzlemoo wrote: »

"Hard to Die? Strange item for sale. A Hard to Die lacy white bra. Only one owner. Enquiries within".

What does it mean?!

Probably that 20 clever dickies are gonna blow the crap outta themselves tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably that 20 clever dickies are gonna blow the crap outta themselves tomorrow

Lol, it's quite strange isn't it?
    Normally in an ad there's a box number or phone number..Where are you meant to make the enquiry? Ring up The Herald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

What does it mean?!/

Someone's selling a bra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

What does it mean?!

Double rainbow OH MY GOD!

SteoL wrote: »

What does it mean?!/

Someone's selling a bra?
    Well um yes but there's no phone number or box number-just says "Enquiries Within"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its a secret message to spies, run to the hills will be here soon to explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Not a female breast in sight.

Lock this thread I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Somebody bought a bra, didnt like the colour but found it impossible to die it.
    Oh and its a man thats why he doesnt want to give his contact number , because then his cross dressing bra respraying secret will be exposed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Reckon those dress selling trolls have infiltrated the print media

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its a code forewarning the ends of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

:pac:

That's genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Hard to Die

Five buxom and scantily clad women are left alone to take inventory at a lingerie company. The janitor is kind of spooky, and there are rumors about him being involved in a tragic incident a few years back, and he's giving them the heebie-jeebies. They accidentally open a mysterious package and something other-worldly escapes, and they must fend for their lives

If you're female and find yourself working with 4 other scantily clad females..careful now:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

What does it mean?!

Liz Taylor rip off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Liz Taylor rip off?
    Shes got betty davis eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Herald can't manage to sell much ad space so they are forced to fill the empty space with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Was lacey spelled lacy ? My guess is the whole ad. is some mad typo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Was lacey spelled lacy ? My guess is the whole ad. is some mad typo.

Well from the OP it does appear that lacy was spelled correctly and this typo you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

micropig wrote: »
    Hard to Die

Five buxom and scantily clad women are left alone to take inventory at a lingerie company. The janitor is kind of spooky, and there are rumors about him being involved in a tragic incident a few years back, and he's giving them the heebie-jeebies. They accidentally open a mysterious package and something other-worldly escapes, and they must fend for their lives

If you're female and find yourself working with 4 other scantily clad females..careful now:p
    send pic to boards first, for identification purposes

Zaph wrote: »
    Well from the OP it does appear that lacy was spelled correctly and this typo you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

Zaph is correct.
    Lacy was not a typo. Lacey is a person's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Ok hands up, I never knew that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement