Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When you feel like you're going to puke......

• 27-04-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Is it better to make it happen, or just try to hold it in. I've ran to the lavatory a few times, feeling like I'm just going to sick, but as soon as I get in there, the feeling goes away. I still feel ill, just that feeling of puke bubbling up is less severe. Is it best to force it out, hope it helps, or to wait it out, given that I mightn't vomit at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

.....I've ran to the lavatory ...l?

call it Jacks...you'll get there quicker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I have to stick my fingers down my throat. Can't stand that wanting to be sick feeling. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I always force it out, and always feel better (but momentarily weaker).

Voms away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Top Tip: Flush the toilet as you puke into it, time it right and no one will hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

If you're on a night out or a session, sometimes if you're on the beers and you've had a few and are already feeling it, it's good to let it out and have a tactical chunder so to speak. You'll be able to carry on drinking longer into the night like :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I live on my own (No surprise, there), so if I do puke I want to make as much noise as possible, get it all out, nice and satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Bring it on if you can. The feeling of wellness after vomiting is an amazing thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

One hasnt lived until one has had the simultanious puke/squit combo.
    Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Eat a mug full of salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nice.
    Never did - what a treat lies in store for me if it happens some day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Better out than in of you ask me.

Haven't heard anyone use the word lavatory in a looooong time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Only the weak puke.

Nice.

Never done that but I have peed a little bit>

<hangs head in shame>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Didn't puke even once in the last 10 years for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dudess wrote: »
    Nice.
    Never did - what a treat lies in store for me if it happens some day.

Nothing beats the sensual feeling of a full body purge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Didn't puke even once in the last 10 years for sure!

Me too. But just like 'The Streak' in Seinfeld, it will come to an end one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Better out than in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cold bathroom floor, delays inevitable puke- by about 5 secs!

Uriel. wrote: »
    Haven't heard anyone use the word lavatory in a looooong time

Just prefer that, it's what I heard it called when I was a kid. Toilet has a weird sound to it, and jacks just sounds dumb. It's my lavatory, not Jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Don't you have a vomitorium, OP?

/gets coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Did you puke yet? pics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Nothing beats the sensual feeling of a full body purge

Mmmhmmm, the tears and yellow bile can be used later as a lubricant for yer wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If you can't stick your fingers down your throat. Stand over the toilet and roll your head about and twitch your stomach muscles to induce a vomit. Its much better to throw up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

It mostly helps, but I remember the last time I was actually sick and vomited it was total dry-heaving on the bathroom floor like a dying prisoner :rolleyes:
    All it did was rip my throat to bits, absolutely not a helpful or relieving experience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

i was in a cafe and felt i had to puke, so ran to the bathroom. except it came out while i was still running, so i puked mid-run and then slipped in the puke.

it was the lowest point of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

woodoo wrote: »
    If you can't stick your fingers down your throat. Stand over the toilet and roll your head about and twitch your stomach muscles to induce a vomit. Its much better to throw up.

or just picture Mary Harney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Haven't vomited since I was a toddler. I've been sick recently and really wanted to vomit to get rid of that bad feeling but I can't do it anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pussy

Better to make it happen. If I feel like I'm going to spew I make it happen. I always feel better afterwards.

• Advertisement

Did you puke yet? pics :D

There you go. A little bit came out, so I tried again, same deal. Thought to myself "Well, this is disappointing" and went to go back to bed, when my body span me around, stuffed my head in the bowl and just let rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

Nice.

Ah the memories!

I fondly remember the aftermath of a dodgy Chinese many moons ago. Sitting on the toilet dehydrating my life away whilst puking into the shower tray. Or rather trying to make the shower tray. I think I slept on the floor of the bathroom that night I was so weak. Good times

There you go. A little bit came out, so I tried again, same deal. Thought to myself "Well, this is disappointing" and went to go back to bed, when my body span me around, stuffed my head in the bowl and just let rip.

Why oh why did I look :eek::eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

get it out.. your bodies trying to reject whatever is poisoning your system so once you get it out you will feel better!

Funny though that in the instant when you are puking you actually feel like your dying.. then when its done your all teary eyed as you wipe the snot that also managed to creep out your nostrils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't puked because of illness in about 15 years. Apparently I've vomed a few times on nights out but by the time ive drank enough to make me sick im not remembering anything...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

The only time I've been indecisive about puking is when I'm low on cash. I have to think "wait... how much is the alcohol in my stomach worth? How much whiskey do I have left? Should I hold it in?"

I usually hold it in.

I'm poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

When the room starts spinning i am gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks for that.

What's next, a picture of a turd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

put a sock in your mouth and lie down on your back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    get it out.. your bodies trying to reject whatever is poisoning your system so once you get it out you will feel better!

Funny though that in the instant when you are puking you actually feel like your dying.. then when its done your all teary eyed as you wipe the snot that also managed to creep out your nostrils

Ever wake up the morning after the night before and wonder why you can smell vomit? Then you remember getting sick and realise that some of your projectile vomit has logded in your nose :o.
    Then just sit back and wait for the flashbacks :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Just prefer that, it's what I heard it called when I was a kid. Toilet has a weird sound to it, and jacks just sounds dumb. It's my lavatory, not Jacks.

Hey, I am not mocking you (much :p) just genuinely haven't heard the word in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah well done?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement