Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling club - starting or running!

Options
  • 27-04-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last year I posted looking for some beta testers to help me find flaws in a site I was working on....

Since then we have done allot of work and changed our direction, we have decided to build the site around clubs....

Basically we created the site so clubs can be run only, and for free.

So here's the thing, I am looking for feedback again on how well the site works for a club.

We need clubs that are already up and running, and also people that would like to start a club. The platform is very simple and admins get full control of the content...

Hope to here some feedback soon.

http://www.myworldfishing.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Add Australia to the list and ill join, lots of Irish out here that fish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

I have activated Australia!.. Thank you Skipz.

Thank you again skipz, I seen your report added.

It has shown me that there was an issue with it displaying the icons and is now fixed.

Also did you have trouble with the sign up atoll?

I take it no clubs are interested in a free service?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Most pike and coarse clubs will not want details of good catch reports in their area publicised as this will result in poachers and other cowboys plundering their waters.

• Advertisement

Thats fine, and I understand that. The carp community have the same issues, but go to any club site and they have pictures of fish caught on the club run????

Theres also SAC, sure look at the IFSA site, unreal how us Irish treat something we love so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

There is a fishing club after setting up in my area but its even hard to get in contact with anyone involved cause there no phone numbers or anything but there signs everywhere saying only members can fish!!! Gas it is!!!:mad:

danbrosnan wrote: »
    There is a fishing club after setting up in my area but its even hard to get in contact with anyone involved cause there no phone numbers or anything but there signs everywhere saying only members can fish!!! Gas it is!!!:mad:

Yep it's not easy to join a club and it should be. Clubs only survive as long as they have members.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

I would like to help. I am chairman of the Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs. Under the data protection act I cant give you a list of our 70 affiliated clubs as I have no permission from the clubs to do this. We do have a calendar of competitions which is constantly being updated. You can access this on our message board but you must register as a member first. I wouldnt have any problem with you taking details of the competitions for your site. There are between 1 and 3 every weekend
    www.angling-in-ireland.com

Just a quick thank you to those that joined up...

And to Mr Chambers, It was great to talk to you, kind of gave me allot to think about.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

thats our john. an extremely nice and helpful person
    and a stalwart in the ifpa and pike clubs in general for many a year.

Advertisement