Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just signed up for BeautifulPeople.COM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭barfizz

Most of the people on this site are really not that good looking. what they do have is access to good makeup.

If you get accepted it just means that the person who took you photo or did your makeup did a good job, it does not mean your good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Marylin Manson fansite?

knob'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

barfizz wrote: »
    Most of the people on this site are really not that good looking. what they do have is access to good makeup.

If you get accepted it just means that the person who took you photo or did your makeup did a good job, it does not mean your good looking.

I'm a guy and I took the pic by myself about an arms length away. Still tho I'm a good looking dude on my day, wouldn't say I'm 'beautiful'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

OP you're doing it wrong. Most people 'accepted' will be average-looking at best. Too ugly, nobody wants to look at you, too beautiful and you're seen as a threat.

For a better barometer of your attractiveness you need to look for a group with ridiculously high standards and much more discerning than these BeautifulPeople crowd, the gays. Get yourself into a tight string vest and leather hotpants and make your way to the George one night. Report back on how many 'winks' ya get then.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Guys, I joined up for this site, I consider myself an average looking guy(maybe for some girls a good looking guy) and so far my rating on this reflects that. This ain't vanity, at one stage I was 'not getting access' but then a few people came by and now I'm in, but you have to wait 48 hours and then decision is made.

I'll let youse know if I make it or not. I'm kinda regretting doing this, coz I'm very superficial about myself and my ego wil be hit if I don't make it. But its funny as well.
    I'm a guy and I took the pic by myself about an arms length away. Still tho I'm a good looking dude on my day, wouldn't say I'm 'beautiful'

Quit jerkin' us around! Pics or GTFO!!

I've pics up here, I'm 'cute' thats what I hear most often. Not Hot, just cute, I can live with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Goth/EMO dating site fronted by Marilyn Manson.

I've pics up here, I'm 'cute' thats what I hear most often. Not Hot, just cute, I can live with it

Ah, now that's interesting. I shall investigate.
    Since classical times, the number of thanks received by a post in a "Know Your..." thread has been the only true barometer of beauty.

I believe, for a man, you have to receive 20 thanks* to be officially good-looking.

* 100 if you're holding a baby.

Also, what kind of "cute" are you called? There's a big difference between "Aw, you're so cute!" *pinches cheek* and "Dude you're CUTE!!" *does sexy face*

Think I got like 8 but then I'm hated on here so :)

• Advertisement

Think I got like 8 but then I'm hated on here so :)

Or because you're lurking in the background looking like you might be plotting something!

I hope your Beautifulpeople picture is more of a close-up! :)

That was a real old pic, I'm wearing a crappy Adidas jacket. Actually like that pic, but I look depressed haha. I've another one, I'm wearing JLS clothes haha, that got a few likes, doubt your bothered looking. yeah my BP pic is as close as it gets, taken by me from arms length(which is never a good sign for a photo) but so far so good.

No that was a real old pic, I'm wearing a crappy Adidas jacket. Actually like that pic, but I look depressed haha. I've another one, I'm wearing JLS clothes haha, that got a few likes, doubt your bothered looking

You're right there, I'm half asleep, but I'll happily click on a link if you provide one.

*looks around to see if it's clear that I'm old and don't know what JLS clothes are*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Beautifupeople.com??

Pfffftt HotorNot is where its at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I'm hoping to browse the profiles out of curiosity but couldn't be arsed to sign up.
    But when you do sign up do you then get to see these 'beautiful' people or do you have to wait for 'approval' from the beauties first before you can browse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I expected more, given the title for the thread.
    I remember the lads at college discovering one of those early photo rating sites, it was a novelty at the time.

I reckon too high a rating is as damaging to someone's personality as a low one.

• Advertisement

I think this site must have low standards, how do so many people get turned away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I think this site must have low standards, how do so many people get turned away?

Didn't go well then ??

Oh no the countdown is at 36 hours, 45 minutes and I'm fully in, I'm at the top of the green barometer, so its all good, I just need to hang in there, hope no wise guys come along.
    Theres 4 ratings
    Beautiful
    Hmmm ok
    No
    Absolutely not

Oh no the countdown is at 36 hours, 45 minutes and I'm fully in, I'm at the top of the green barometer, so its all good, I just need to hang in there, hope no wise guys come along.
    Theres 4 ratings
    Beautiful
    Hmmm ok
    No
    Absolutely not

...wise guys eh ???

MUWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahaha guys I got 3 winks off these unreal Brazilian ones, LOVING LIFE :)...

I'm joking btw, well I did get 3 winks but is that even a good thing? Maybe they're trolling me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Go outside and play.

I'm joking btw, well I did get 3 winks but is that even a good thing? Maybe they're trolling me?

swap the 'i' for an 'a' in that word you are using and then it means something :pac:

Hahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I will join this site, I thrive on rejection it makes me feel warm all over.

• 44leto wrote: »
    No you can't No no no emphatically no .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

Four words, my friend:

too
    much
    free
    time

No you can't No no no emphatically no .

ohhh thank you madam. You made my day.

44leto wrote: »

You won't get rejected, bet you!

You won't get rejected, bet you!

To my disapointment, I probably wouldn't.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Since classical times, the number of thanks received by a post in a "Know Your..." thread has been the only true barometer of beauty.

I believe, for a man, you have to receive 20 thanks* to be officially good-looking.
    Score :cool:

I think that figure should, perhaps, be adjusted, though. Traffic there has declined substantially since Cool Vids, Pics and Links were separated from After Hours. No one seems to have surpassed 20 thanks since then, with the obvious exception of the lovely Flojo.
    (and red menace, but he has a baby in his pic, so that's cheating...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm actually bricking it here, shouldn't have signed up :S

Just got an 'absolutely not' but I think my Bieber support will go against me

Methinks you're a bit of an uggo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

Might actually sign up for the laugh haha:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I tried to join it, they said "sorry mate, no professional models"

I signed up. So basically I can can do feck all except watch as people say if I'm beautiful or not? I'm actually surprised I'm doing so well at the moment haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I mean this in the nicest way...

If you're a decent looking lad, go outside and get on real girls instead of waiting for acceptance from a bunch of egotistical shitheads

Reading up about some dude whose got pro shots taken again and again and still can't get in, :o

I uploaded 4 of my friends, me and this other lad are in but the 2 other lads are struggling big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It's a bad thing that you care.

• Advertisement

It's a bad thing that you care.

Its worse that he seems to want us to care....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

The tone in this thread has changed. At the start it was all 'Haha's and smiles', but now that I have been certified Beautiful, the tables have surely turned and I'm now merely a pariah among the vast swathes of ordinary folk that surround me.

*™ I'm clearly joking, don't take me literally*

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Your posts in AH are getting worse.

Atlantis50 wrote: »

I always thought this song was in the same vein as Christina Augileras 'Beautiful' as in that everyone is beautiful, and don't let mean shallow superficial people bring you down, its like the opposite of what the BP website sets out to do.

As a *Team Breezy Rep I should know this!

*Chris Brown fans name

That site is a load of gick. What happens if I get accepted? I probably won't even use it if I am haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I got REJECTED

:o

Nothing, it costs to do anything. I suppose voting on new members which I think doesn't cost, would be fun, but I'd never vote a person out, ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

I got REJECTED

:o

Too hairy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I suppose voting on new members would be fun, but I'd never vote a person out, ever!
    Bit pointless then, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    Too hairy?

*nods head and sobs, wipes nose on sleeve*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement