Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cringeworthy momemts in the Potter movies

• 28-04-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

I love the series of movies (in fact I find I usually like them more the more times I see them) but there are a few moments that have me literally cringing.

Here's some that come to mind :

1. Mad Eye Moodys line "are you barking mad?" to Sirius Black. I literally had a double-take on that and thought "oh he didn't say that did he?"

2. The "wand fighting scenes" in general. It's meant to be life and death stuff but they're about as dangerous looking as snowball fights. Usually the wand stuff is cool to watch eg the bits where it's just two guys head to head with the 'ghostbusters' stream of magic is cool. However these (like I say) running 'snowball fight' scenes that it gets kind of lame.

3. That bit in 7a where Lupin pins Harry at 'wantpoint' against a wall and asks what animal he had in his office. It was meant to be this deadly serious moment but it just came off as stupid sounding.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Nevilles dancing in the dorm room, looked like he was pissed

:P

Moreso, it was an unneccesary scene, although I know that scence has its ardent critics.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

When Harry is moving in slow motion in Chamber of the Secrets while shouting 'Hagriiiiiiiiiiid.' gets me every time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RossPaws

The bit in Deathly Hallows P1 when Harry and Hermione are dancing. CRINGE!

When Lupin jumps in front of the boggart in POA and it turns into the moon, he stands there for like thirty awkward seconds, then shouts "RIDIKULUS" dramatically.

Pretty much every time Harry or someone he knows angsts about his parents and his mother's eyes.

All that said, I'm a huge fan of the series. It's just not without its fail moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hmf300

when dobby died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Haven't seen them in ages now, but the some of the ones that jump to mind are:

- When Harry is crying under the cloak in Hogsmeade after overhearing McGonagall and the others saying Sirius sold out his parents
    - The Yule Ball in general, but especially Ron and Harry's attitude to the Patils. I know it happened in the book as well, but still!
    - Harry and Cho in the Room of Requirement. CRINGE!
    - Pretty much all of OotP, God that film was AWFUL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The acting here is pretty awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

When Luna talks about Tesco in her first movie....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I found the credits enjoyable, apart from that zzzzzzzzzzz.

Advertisement