Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa questions. Chinese wife visiting England for ??????

Options
  • 28-04-2012 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I've been looking around the boards for some information specifically relating to my situation but can't seem to get anywhere. Starting to feel like I'm back in England already going round in circles with nobody being forthcoming with helpful information so I thought to ask here.

I'm an ESL teacher in China in my 3rd year. I'm about to marry my Chinese gf and want to take her to the UK for a visit of up to 2 years. My problem is that I can't seem to find the exact visa I need for that purpose. After 2 years (If we can get it) we'll return and settle in China. On the visa websites there are a number of different options (Study/Work/Visiting family etc) but as she is none of these I don't know where to go from here. The website specifically says that their staff will not answer any questions about which type of visa you need. I've tried anyway about 5 times with no progress other than redirection to the site.

This is where I am right now so want to start to get the paperwork stress out of the way. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This is the forum for people who are new to the boards.ie website itself, and have questions about the site.

This is also an Irish site on Irish soil, so I don't imagine too many people would be familiar with UK immigration law.

You could try asking in our United Kingdom forum where you might get some help, but you'd be better off posting your question on an UK-based forum which is bound to have more UK people on it, and therefore more likely to have the person who knows the answer to your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dusty Bookshelf

Thanks. I'll try posting there.

Advertisement