Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mexico fat cat weighs in at nearly 40 pounds

• 28-04-2012 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Just like many of our recent political leaders and banisters in this country, this cat got away over sized and would have averaged about four normal cats put together. :eek:

wldvtl.jpg

Albuquerque New Mexico Meow can't help but waddle. He's one super-sized cat.

The 2-year-old orange and white tabby tips the scale at nearly 40 pounds, and the Santa Fe Animal Shelter is on a mission to get the feline back into shape.

Meow's 87-year-old owner could no longer take care of him, so the pet was turned over to a shelter in southeastern New Mexico that called the Santa Fe shelter for help.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1531097&nid=399

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That is so cool, Some cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

He must be an incredibly deft hunter to have put on so much weight. Was he hunting buffalo or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

that's not a cat, that's a beanbag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

and I thought my cat was fat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This kind of case is seen in rescues quite a bit - an animal that is a little over loved by their owner, resulting in an unhealthy pet. It's totally unintended and usually the person just didn't know any better. Usually, but not always, the owners are on the older side, cannot get out and about easily and tend to spoil their pets with yummy stuff (as, I'm sure, is the case here). On the plus side - these animals do tend to lose the weight reasonably fast, once they are put on a decent diet and exercise program and the bickies are banned!

• Advertisement
Advertisement