Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely Off Topic

Options
  • 28-04-2012 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

Just came across this, and I wanted to give you all a bit of a cheer up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm contemplating adding football to the list of forbidden topics. I'm searching for a refuge from the madness that is Ireland in the buildup to a bit of a kickabout.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

First I've heard of it! I live in a football-free bubble. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Golly gosh, I thought it would give ye old folks a smile of pride, sorry about that.

I would close the thread if I knew how. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm just being cumudgenly. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

That was just grand Rubes. I'll send this on to my son who will enjoy it a lot. Nice to get a glimpse of poor 'oul Barney playing away there too. You will never beat the Irish, simply because even if we lose, the fans still behave as if we've won!! Great gas!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    That was just grand Rubes. I'll send this on to my son who will enjoy it a lot. Nice to get a glimpse of poor 'oul Barney playing away there too. You will never beat the Irish, simply because even if we lose, the fans still behave as if we've won!! Great gas!

I think there is more than one version of the video on YouPipe thingy. I just think that is the best version myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Bah Humbug I say to OG!

Good on you Rube - we need something to lift the spirit of this great nation of ours... Remember the insane euphoria of Italia 90, even I watched the football and cheered on our boys in green:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was on the edge of a conversation between a bunch of Irish and a bunch of Polish people yesterday, and they were falling over themselves to hope that the other side didn't lose, while their own side won!

Just professional courtesy I think Looksee, they really want the other side to get a hammering :pac:

My spare room still has a poster up of the 1990 world cup squad. Never had the heart to take it down in case the kids come to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Rubecula wrote: »
    Just professional courtesy I think Looksee, they really want the other side to get a hammering :pac:

Oh totally Rube, they were all being so charming and polite though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Am off to watch some real entertainment ............ QPR putting one over Chelsea. Big steaming mug of Lyons tea to follow a small tub of Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee. Utopia. C'mon You RRRRRRRRRRs:D

Spread wrote: »
    Am off to watch some real entertainment ............ QPR putting one over Chelsea. Big steaming mug of Lyons tea to follow a small tub of Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee. Utopia. C'mon You RRRRRRRRRRs:D

OUCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Right then .......... must beat Stoke and maybe get a point off City. A tall ask ....... but stranger things have happened. Even then out survival is not assured. 'Tis no longer in our hands.:(

Best of luck Spread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

With the FA cup now relegated to 5 oclock on Saturday, things just aren't the same anymore.

Anyway, Ron Manager says it better then me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

cml387 wrote: »
    With the FA cup now relegated to 5 oclock on Saturday, things just aren't the same anymore.

Anyway, Ron Manager says it better then me.......

I was expecting Andy Capp to appear at any moment there! :D

Advertisement