Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I find out who my management agency is?

Options
  • 28-04-2012 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm renting an apartment and need to contact the management agency. I lost a set of keys and need to get their authorisation for a locksmith to give me a new electronic key for the gate / front door.

There are no signs anywhere in the complex with the name of the management agency, I have no contact details for my landlord, and the letting agency say that they don't know who the management agency is (in fairness, it's been over five years since they let the apartment to me).

I've tried Googling and no luck. Would the PRTB have any idea? Was thinking of asking one of the cleaning staff who take care of the common areas, but I haven't seen one in weeks!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,521 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ask your landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

xoxyx wrote: »
    I have no contact details for my landlord...
    ted1 wrote: »
    Ask your landlord

Cheers mate! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Can you ask your neighbours? Especially if you know/ suspect any of them to be owner-occupiers, they would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Thanks silja. I don't know my neighbours and rarely see them from one end of the week to the next. I have asked a few people that I see in the complex, but they're all renters too and have no idea.

It really is a frustrating situation for something that should be so simple. I suppose I was just hoping that there was some sort of database or register that would list the management agencies for apartment blocks. I hate to think what would happen if I lost my last set of keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

xoxyx wrote: »
    I suppose I was just hoping that there was some sort of database or register that would list the management agencies for apartment blocks.

Nope, no such register or list.

I'm very surprised that the rental agency doesn't know.

Unfortunately, you may have to knock on a neighbours door to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

No database, sorry.
    I assume you tried googling it? Especially if it is a larger/ more prestigious complex, it may be listed on the relevant management agency's website as part of their client list.

Another option would be to check DAFT, see if any apartments in your complex are up for rent or sale, then ask the estate agent who is listing the apartment about the management agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Maybe look on neighbours.ie, see if your complex is listed, and if so, ask on the relevant forum there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Rings the letting agency again. Their not assisting you in this matter is ridiculous. Your letting agency should have the landlords contact information. As a property owner, he should know who the mgt agency is. If he doesn't, the management association will. He'll have contact info for at least one of them.

Try digging out your copy of the lease. Most leases have a clause that says you must abide by the rules and regulations of the mgt agency, and will name the mgt agency. Mine does.

Also, check back with the lock smith. If they won't get you a new key with out the mgt agency oking it, odds are they know the name of the specific mgt agency in question. Otherwise any Joe Bloggs Property Mgt Agency Company could get any keys cut for where ever they wanted.

Advertisement