Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are The Dark Tower antagonists the Riders of the Apocalypse *spoilers*

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Firstly I'll say again that this post will be full of spoilers. Be warned.

I've recently finished The Wind through the Keyhole, and one thing caught in my mind, where the Widow Smack is talking about the Covenant Man and says "...for I know what he is - pestilence with a heartbeat." The Covenant Man is clearly another alias of Randall Flagg (aka Walter O'Dim/The Man in Black), and this got me thinking, there are loads of connections between him and Pestilence, the obvious being from The Stand. But even when he's Marten Broadcloak in Gilead his actions could be seen as a sort of social pestilence. That's all pretty obvious anyway, but it got me thinking who would the other three be?

War is John Farson, in my opinion. I think this one is pretty obvious.

I think Death is the Crimson King, mainly because of his wish to kill and destroy all there is, but also because of the fact he kills the remaining people in his realm, and he himself is dead, having committed suicide by swallowing a spoon.

Famine was a bit hard for me, but i think maybe Mordred, but that's a bit of a stretch. The only connections I found there was his almost constant hunger.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Advertisement