Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you prepare for your orals?

• 28-04-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

What ways did you use of getting prepared for your oral exams last week and were they helpful?

I've heard of people writing questions on flashcards and then pulling them out at random.

Any other good methods? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Watch tv programmes that interest you in the language. Especially if you're having trouble getting motivated.

For me it helped to write things out, I wrote out all 20 Irish picture stories over the two days before the exam and then went through them one by one, I was confident on all of them after that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I didnt use an oral book or anything, but whatever notes my teacher gave I had them organised with my planned answers into a folder.
    Then I made flashcards with each question and like bullet point answers, just to prompt memory.
    These were really useful like the night before and day of the exam. :)
    Also, be wary of any posters or well known achievements in your school in case you asked about that.
    And if theres anything big that happens in the news around that time have a linbe or two for it. :)

Most important is that you watch what you say, one word could lead them on to a totally new topic and you could get caught out.

Advertisement