Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding web developers for startup?

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a little web development experience but am looking to team up with a web developer or two to create a niche social networking site. I believe I have a decent idea and am looking for people to join me to help take this off the ground.

Did anyone attend the 'startup weekend' that was on in Dublin in March?

Most importantly, what is the best way to find developers interested in joining a new startup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Also interested in this! I've got various startup/other ideas floating around, but not sure my back-end chops are at the level needed to bring them to life. I'm learning Ruby on Rails at the moment, and it seems like a great framework for throwing web apps together quite quickly. I'm just not there yet :)

How much web development experience do you have OP? You gonna be upskilling and doing some of the coding yourself, or you looking for someone to be the 'technical co-founder' while you'd focus on other stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul1

I will be perfectly honest, i have basic HTML and CSS skills. i finished my first site a few months ago just to practise; www.antsinmyspacebar.com

I definitely want to upskill, learning JavaScript now and hopefully on to PHP.

I am very motivated and passionate about starting a site so I would be valuable asset doing all the business/organisational side of things....

Yes I would definitely be looking for someone to be a partner or "technical co-founder"....I would like someone who is passionate about the idea and willing to introduce their own ideas, Someone not necessarily interested in gettting a monthly paycheck but in creating a site that hopefully blows up on the net and in the long term pays off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i would be interested in this.

have decent knowledge of PHP and im handy enough with wordpress,joomla, drupal and magento.

Also started to learn Ruby on rails which looks great.

thats a really nice site btw

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I could be interested though I am not very experienced like.
    I have very good knowledge of css and html,
    bit of javascript.
    Medium with PHP. But I am in progress of learning as I go.
    Oh also have knowledge of SQL and MySQL databases.
    PM me if I am fit for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

bazpaul1 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have a little web development experience but am looking to team up with a web developer or two to create a niche social networking site. I believe I have a decent idea and am looking for people to join me to help take this off the ground.

Did anyone attend the 'startup weekend' that was on in Dublin in March?

Most importantly, what is the best way to find developers interested in joining a new startup?

Find the right developer. Not everyone is suited to a start-up. I have worked for two in my time and its not the same as a normal dev job.

It takes a certain type of crazy to work in a small start-up. You need to find both talented and EXTREMELY dedicated people.

It also takes a special kind of leadership to pull it off.

best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement