Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Signal

Options
  • 28-04-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have a netopia 3347 and I live in a house with 4 foot thick walls. The wireless signal is great when you are within 15 feet of the router but after that it disappears! I have tried doing the home boost with the beer can technique but to no avail.

I need to have wireless all over the house upstairs and my router is downstairs. Does anyone know of a router that can send a stronger signal.

I have tried to change the antenna on the router that we have but it is built into the unit and can't be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

With 4ft thick walls, your only way to have wireless though out the house is probably to have a wireless access point in every room connected by cable to your router.

Wireless routers, access points, video senders, baby alarms etc. operate in the unlicensed spectrum and as such are limited in power. If they were more powerful they would interfere too much with each other and would be impossible to use in an urban environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You canny change the laws of physics. Captain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭andublin

A colleague of mine used powerline ethernet devices to get over the problem of thick walls and a big house. Unfortunately, only way to try it is to buy it . . .http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=powerline+ethernet+ireland :)

Advertisement