Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

That's my theory blown out of the water then!!! I assume that you have tried replacement psu's?

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Our ping test is now download at 0.75 and upload at 0.31.

I love how proactive and helpful Eircom are being about this.

Another engineer came to our house today. Said that the wiring was done "arseways" and replaced it. Internet appears to be working for now. Remains to be seen how long this solution lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Another engineer came to our house today. Said that the wiring was done "arseways" and replaced it. Internet appears to be working for now. Remains to be seen how long this solution lasts.

Also, eircom had the cheek to send us a bill this morning for a service we haven't been enjoying for nearly 6 weeks now.

Hi pixiebean22,

Thanks for getting back, I confirmed what you outlined with the engineer that called out.

Can you monitor the connection over the next few days. Hopefuly it has been fully resolved. If that is the case, I will follow up with you on Friday regarding a rebate for the time-frame the issue was ongoing.

Thanks, Mark

Hilarious!

Got a bill this morning for eircom for €350 including a charge for early broadband cease of €219 and early residential cease of €128. Despite being told that we wouldn't have to pay these early cease charges.

My boyfriend has been a customer for 10 years, what is he even being charged for?

He was told that because the problem with broadband couldn't be fixed that he was free to leave because obviously they can't provide a service the contract is void.

What is going on with these scam artists??

• Advertisement

My partner had the most ridiculous conversation with the person he ended up speaking to in Eircom. He spent about 45 minutes on the phone, 15 minutes actually speaking to a person and the rest of the time spent going through stupid automated menus or on hold.

As an aside, Eircom may want to examine how user friendly their phone menus are for people who are not customers. None of the options would work for my partner, no matter what button he pressed he just kept getting put through to accounts.

The person he spoke to kept interrupting him, speaking over him, being extremely rude (but then that's nothing new) and kept saying over and over again "just clear the balance, just clear the balance". He had absolutely no interest in the fact that my partner was told by Eircom that he would not have to pay cancellation charges due to the nature of the account. The way he spoke to my partner was disgraceful, making out as though we hadn't paid our bill. I expect a lot more from a company when a bill is paid the day it is received every two months - no exaggeration, the bill has always been paid the day it is received without fail.

It seems pretty simple contract law to me. A agrees to provide B with a service as long as A and B uphold their contractual agreement, A to provide the service as agreed and B to pay for the service as agreed. A cannot provide the service so B is forced to close the account, seems fairly self explanatory there that any contractual obligation on the part of B is null and void, particularly when B has been told by A that no cancellation charges would apply because they can't provide the service.

You can be bloody sure if the bill wasn't paid Eircom would be jumping up and and down shouting about the contractual agreement.

So my partner got nowhere with Eircom. They basically did not want to know. He sat on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up the phone and ringing Comreg who were very interested in the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My partner had the most ridiculous conversation with the person he ended up speaking to in Eircom. He spent about 45 minutes on the phone, 15 minutes actually speaking to a person and the rest of the time spent going through stupid automated menus or on hold.

As an aside, Eircom may want to examine how user friendly their phone menus are for people who are not customers. None of the options would work for my partner, no matter what button he pressed he just kept getting put through to accounts.

The person he spoke to kept interrupting him, speaking over him, being extremely rude (but then that's nothing new) and kept saying over and over again "just clear the balance, just clear the balance". He had absolutely no interest in the fact that my partner was told by Eircom that he would not have to pay cancellation charges due to the nature of the account. The way he spoke to my partner was disgraceful, making out as though we hadn't paid our bill. I expect a lot more from a company when a bill is paid the day it is received every two months - no exaggeration, the bill has always been paid the day it is received without fail.

It seems pretty simple contract law to me. A agrees to provide B with a service as long as A and B uphold their contractual agreement, A to provide the service as agreed and B to pay for the service as agreed. A cannot provide the service so B is forced to close the account, seems fairly self explanatory there that any contractual obligation on the part of B is null and void, particularly when B has been told by A that no cancellation charges would apply because they can't provide the service.

You can be bloody sure if the bill wasn't paid Eircom would be jumping up and and down shouting about the contractual agreement.

So my partner got nowhere with Eircom. They basically did not want to know. He sat on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up the phone and ringing Comreg who were very interested in the matter.

Hi pixiebean22

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have sent you a Pm after investigating the issue.

Thanks, Mark

Just received a call from someone in Eircom advising that all cancellation charges have been written off.

Fair play to Comreg, worth their weight in gold indeed.

Advertisement