Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking NI employer to ROI Tribunal

Options
  • 28-04-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice on this if anyone has experience of something similar....

I live in ROI but my previous employer is located in NI and they unfairly dismissed me, I am in the process of taking them to a employment tribunal in dublin.

I am worried that when a decision is probably made in my favour, the company will just ignore the decision because as far as they are concerned they are not obliged to obey it due to the fact they are not in the south.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get this enforced? Possible EU law or something?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Why did you not raise the case in the North? I'm not sure how enforceable any decisions made in the South are in the UK and vice versa.

Do you have a solicitor? Might be best to have a word with him.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement