Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pm's made public

Options
  • 28-04-2012 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

I've had PM's made public by a mod and also an issue which involved the Gardaí

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Was this in a DRP thread or a normal thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Spear wrote: »
    Was this in a DRP thread or a normal thread?

Forum Feedback but it involves an ex mod who is talking about PM's sent to another mod and also about an issues which involved boards and the Gardaí

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Forum Feedback but it involves an ex mod who is talking about PM's sent to another mod and also about an issues which involved boards and the Gardaí

Referring to them is one thing, quoting them publicly is another. I don't immediately see them in that thread but there's a good few pages. Have you links to the specific posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Referring to them is one thing, quoting them publicly is another. I don't immediately see them in that thread but there's a good few pages. Have you links to the specific posts?
    Post #101 is the post that started it

My PM's to a mod were discussed with a non mod and thats not an issue?

Also an issue involving me, boards and the Gardaí has been referred to and that isn't an issue either?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Post #101 is the post that started it

My PM's to a mod were discussed with a non mod and thats not an issue?

Also an issue involving me, boards and the Gardaí has been referred to and that isn't an issue either?

Merely referring to PMs in not a breach of the rules. After all, the sending of abusive PMs (for instance) is often quoted publicly as a reason for sitebans for example.

Discussion of an issue involving the Gardaí is also not automatically a breach. If the issue the being referred to is still the matter of judicial process, then it's different and we need to remove under the risk of contempt of court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Merely referring to PMs in not a breach of the rules. After all, the sending of abusive PMs (for instance) is often quoted publicly as a reason for sitebans for example.

Discussion of an issue involving the Gardaí is also not automatically a breach. If the issue the being referred to is still the matter of judicial process, then it's different and we need to remove under the risk of contempt of court.

This.

I take this is in reference to the Feedback forum thread? No PMs were posted there, they were referred to. Things got hot-headed, things were said, but technically no rules were broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

His account is closed so I don't think he will be back to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Well that's the end of that, then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement