Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning in Motors forum

Options
  • 28-04-2012 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for a second opinion on this warning please. I have received this warning for ignoring mod instruction on thread/arguing with a mod. As per the dispute process, the mod has been sent a pm about this, but no resolution has been reached.

Original mod post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78371600&postcount=8565
    My reply has been deleted by the mod. However, you can see my reply in the mods next post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78372265&postcount=8571

I have not stated that what the mod has said in this case is incorrect. I have just posted that some common sense should be used so that all users are on the same page. How can it be ok to talk about whatever each user wishes to talk about (within Boards rules) in an OT thread one day, but the next day when the mods are in a different mood, they can dictate what can be talked about? There is no rules or guidelines, which is what I have tried to point out. The nature of an Off Topic thread is in the name funnily enough!! So, if this is not the case, it should be stated. Again, I haven't argued with what the mod has done or said, I have just stated the above.

As can be seen from the OT thread, I am not the only user to make this point, however, i'm the only user to receive a warning. Where is the consistancy? If the other user did not receive a warning for what has been said, why did I receive one?
    How can a warning be handed out for posting some common sense about a non existent rule?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The reply from the mod seems to have been deleted from this thread, however, it is quoted above in my previous reply

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BDJW wrote: »
    The reply from the mod seems to have been deleted from this thread, however, it is quoted above in my previous reply

Limerick Man was not invited to respond by a cmod or admin, hence his reply and your reply in turn have been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

We're low on Rec CMods at the moment so I've been asked to look into this directly.

BDJW you're a Mod - you, of all people, should know what a pain in the face it is when people answer back in-thread. Talk about stoking the embers. It was a really silly thing to do.

Having said that I think that things were getting heated at that point and tempers were running quite high. I'm lifting the card on proviso that you have a little bit more respect for your fellow Mods and not make their lives difficult. If you have an issue, you PM them. If they are unwilling to discuss feedback then you can approach the CMods or start a thread in Help Desk.

Please don't come up on my radar again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement